on 21 August 2011
Generally i was very happy with this guide book. As it was my first time cycling this route and indeed in this part of the UK i found the book helped me plan my journey from where to stop for food and to sleep as well as the things to see along the way. The mapping seems greatly improved from what i can tell from older editions as is the new spiral binding.

It provided a real insight to the villages and towns along the route and the accommodation entries gave a good variety to choose from in every location. You can really tell that the writer has cycled the route many times and this comes across very nicely. Really nice to have 3 routes in one book, inspiration for my next trip!
on 22 August 2011
I use this book a lot, and over the years it has got better and better (the new spiral binding is a great leap forward). I find it useful because you can use it to plan the trip and be sure that the accommodation is okay. It fits into your pocket, and you don't need to keep referring to a map. It's accurate and easy to read. Best of all, though, is the inclusion of the Reivers route. The Reivers is a terrific route, and is virtually ignored elsewhere. It takes you to places you wouldn't otherwise visit, and the section near Kielder is very demanding.

Call me a swot, but I'd rather plan the route from a well-constructed Guide, rather than cycle with my nose pressed to a map.
on 7 March 2012
Good guide, I bought this as part of a bundle and between them all they have been invaluable in setting up doing the coast 2 coast. The proof will be in the pudding though once I've completed the event