• Cloak

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.73

This book, which falls into Children's Fantasy is also a great fun read for adults as well. We herein meet Wilhelm 'Will' Tuttle. Will's parents are rich and travel around, but due to Will having a mass of allergies he has to stay at home and live in a 'bubble'. Will has had enough though, he hates his nurse and breaks out to roam the streets.

Will is in for a big surprise though. What he thinks are hallucinations either caused by his allergies or the medication he takes turn out to be real, thus plunging Will into danger and excitement. Finding out that history has been covering up some whoppers and that there is a whole different world out there with not all people being the same, this makes a great read. Will also begins to learn a whole lot more about his allergies and how unique he really is.

Fast paced and fun, this is a book for both young and old. If you want something a bit different that will hold your attention, then you can't really go wrong here.
on 30 October 2013
This is a children's book, however I still found it an enjoyable read. It is about Will who is allergic to almost everything and has had to spend his whole life living isolated in a plastic bubble. He escapes from his bubble, wanting to experience life even if he has to suffer for it and discovers a hidden world inhabited by people with animal characteristics - I loved the way the author cleverly tied this in with the mythology of Egypt and stories of vampires. I would recommend this book to anyone with a love of adventure and fantasy.
on 19 December 2012
It sounds cliche but I just couldn't stop reading it. Well layered and incredibly detailed, to the point that it could even be true! A well structured blend of fantasy, science fiction and espionage that I'd highly recomend to anyone; young or old.

What set it apart from others is that that there isn't umpteen books in a series to choose from with ominous and nonsense subtitles; just one word... cloak. This conjures intrigue and is actually highly relevent to the plot and overall theme of the book.

I would welcome a sequel expanding on the plot lines raised in this novel but only if it could match the impact.

Excellent all round.
on 9 January 2014
This was billed as Childrens Fiction but I'm in my thirties and still enjoyed every second. I sincerly hope that the author will gift us with a follow-on as it is clear that there could still be a lot of fun to be had with this "world", but if it remains a stand-alone novel then I would still be thrilled to have come across it and would certainly read it to my newphews and nieces once they are a touch older (they are all under five at this moment in time and I think the complexity of the story would be lost on them).If the rating went above 5 stars then I would award it as many as allowed. Inventive, original and utterly absorbing.
on 25 June 2014
I really enjoyed this story. It was a bit different and felt it was easy reading for YA. Through out the whole story it kept me wondering if there was a spy in the ranks and I did actually have an inkling who it was and I happened to be right! I found it hard to put down at night and sometimes read past my bedtime!

I would recommend this story to fantasy lovers, who are looking for some light reading, and I will look to read the next in the series at some point in the future.
on 23 August 2013
A childrens fantasy fiction book that can be enjoyed by adults.Not sure what I expected, bought it on Kindle thinking it was adult fantasy fiction. It was clear early on that it was not, but it didn't stop me having to finish it. A parallel world in plain sight, sort of, Intrigue, subterfuge and empathy from start to finish. A good read that I shall be passing to my teenage son.
on 15 December 2012
What can I say! I love a well-written pacy story with new ideas that keeps my attention and this one met all the criteria. Good on detail, dialogue and characterization - one of those stories that I didn't want to end and which I couldn't guess how would wrap up in time. The creations and characters have stayed in my head which is my personal benchmark of good storytelling.
on 9 April 2013
I did not know much about this book when I downloaded it but I am thoroughly pleased that I did as it was a fun, exciting and fast paced read in an interesting and well thought out parallel society of enchants - a half animal / human crossbreed. I will definitely be reading more by the author in the future.
on 13 July 2014
Very fascinating book, very creative and full of imagination. Not my favourite book in terms of how it was written, but very pleasant to read overall. I think the rating would be 3 and a half stars if I could score it. I would recommend this book to whoever feels their fantasy could use a boost.
on 7 April 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be reading others by this author. I picked it as a library book from the reviews and synopsis as the best available for my taste. I was right to do so.