on 19 January 2010
Just how good can it get? I bought the first edition some 10 years ago and found it useful, interesting, educational, and above all PRACTICAL.
Every muscle listing also has some worthwhile massage movement to use. The illustrations are a joy and really give a good insight to the 3-dimensional reality of the body.

Whe the second edition was produced, I glanced at a collegues copy and found all the above-mentioned positives still there, but was a bit disappointed that 'bible-belt' sensitivities had resulted in some illustrations having rather too much drape and too little skin visible. At that stage I thought "I am glad I have the first Edition". Then I had a chance to see the DVD that is supplied with the second edition - WOW! It is wonderful and shows how to access many muscles that some massage schools say are un-massageable.
Immediately after seeing the DVD I ordered the second edition - my massage clients have benefited greatly thereby.

Quite simply it is the best massage book I have ever come across; it is probably most use to the experienced therapist with an enquiring mind; students may find the sheer volume of information almost intimidating.

A really good Buy!
This is a terrific, beautifully practical book. I don't use it as a cover-to-cover read, but it is excellent for snapshot reminders of anatomy and visual snapshots of how muscle fibres run and attach - its so much easier to 'hold' a muscle in your head whilst working due to the way the pictures in this are arranged - you get the superimposed view of a specific muscle onto a 'live body' - its worth a million sketches, done like this

And the DVD, showing techniques in action must be the biggest cherry on the fattest cake!
on 13 December 2009
Excelent book, Great images, Very good Theoretical and pratical explanation of all the techniqes used. It is a must for those who want to learn how to massage, from basics to the highest level. Definitively THE BOOK for massage therapists.
on 16 February 2014
One of my favourite resource books for clinical massage (the other ones are Vodder's compendium and a Tui Na book by Sarah Pritchard). To have the muscles and the massage shown together really assists my understanding and linking of theory and practice. When working with therapeutic massage,a knowledge of where the muscles are and ways to work with them are very beneficial.

It has a range of techniques and applications, talks about the fascia as well as the muscles, trigger points, compressions and more.

Only downside is the kindle edition does not have the video with it like the hardback book does, which is disappointing. Maybe it will in the future? I probably ought to knock off a star for that, but the book is so good even in itself, well...I'm not.

Here's hoping the kindle version will include the video too (or at least access to it) sometime.
on 24 August 2013
I am so pleased with finding this book. It contains excellent descriptions, pictures and diagrams. This book will help enhance my existing skills as a qualified massage therapist. Easy to understand, informative and educational.

The book comes with a CD Rom which as yet I haven't looked at so unfortunately I can't comment on - but I will be studying this book and referring to in frequently alongside communicating with other professionals. This book will help enhance my skills which is priceless - I'm very happy with this purchase.

I would recommend this book to both student and therapist.
on 23 December 2014
Having purchased a number of similar books in the past year I can honestly say that in terms of synthesising Massage with Anatomy and Physiology this is an outstanding work. The pictorial overlays are superb as are the detailed descriptions. If you want to know how and why you carry out a plethora of massage techniques and thereby vastly improve your knowledge and understanding of the subject then this is the book for you. The accompanying CD is of high quality and adds another dimension to the learning process.
on 15 December 2012
This is a superb update of a brilliant book that I use daily for reference in my massage therapy practice. The pictures are superb, with wonderful overlays of anatomy that clearly show the structure and function of the particular muscles. The additional information about each muscle is extremely helpful in informing my practice with my clients. An excellent book for students and practitioners alike.

The book arrived in excellent condition, and was well packaged.
on 21 November 2009
excellent DVD with very nice illustrations and angles. DVD is a great help & thanks amazon for great bargain :)
on 11 December 2014
Was recommended this book as being very clear and easy to use and understand and I am told the DVD is a must watch for massage therapists although I haven't got round to it yet. I have found the book to be excellent and very good for massage therapists who want to learn more advanced techniques along with practical training days.
on 7 February 2011
I brouht this book as I am now doing Clinical Advanced massage, this is a great book and has a DVD to compliment what you are reading, Easy to read easy to follow, you can add a few basic steps from this book to your own Massage routien