on 23 June 2013
As a small boy in the late 1950s I heard of this English guy who had followed in the footsteps of Mike Hawthorm and Peter Collins to race in F1 and in sports cars for Ferrari, but knew little of him. His early retirement helped the mystique around him, but this book finally gives his story an airing.

Well written and with plenty of anecdotes and photos it has proved an enjoyable read. Thoroughly recommended for anyone wanting to know more about international and UK racing in that period. Having read it I was inspired to re-read Jack Sears book that overlapped this period, and then Alan Mann's book too.
on 5 November 2010
I've not read the book yet,but just browsing through it,it appears to cover the racing times quite satisfactorily of a driver who just broke into the relative big time at the same time as I became a motor racing enthusiast.