Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 April 2013
Bought this book after seeing Dale on the tv. It's informative although maybe alittle too scientific in places for me. Recipes are great & simple. After following his recipes on a daily basis my skin has become super smooth & I love this simple wholesome style of eating.
Actually went out & bought his big new book The Medicinal Chef.
on 21 July 2016
My initial reaction was disappointment when the book arrived. It just doesn't look like there's much to it. (I've read a lot about nutrition for skin and didn't think this added much new info.) But once I started reading it I decided it was actually better than I'd initially thought. The author explains the science behind skin-related issues quite well, although there is some repetition in the book. The recipes look nice and simple (not too many ingredients nor too daunting to attempt) and they're mostly a little unusual (good for trying new things, not the same as in other health & nutrition cookbooks). I look forward to giving them a go. I don't expect miracles but I reckon this book will be of some help in my long term improved-nutrition-for-better-skin plan. As this book covers lots of skin conditions (acne, psoriasis, eczema, etc), it feels like it's trying to be all-encompassing, and a lot of the info is irrelevant for me, because I'm trying to cure an acne problem. I would really benefit from a similar book specific to acne.
VINE VOICEon 14 April 2016
This book is very useful. I bought it after buying his other book, The medicinal chef. It doesn't just give recipes, but each food type gets analysed on what exactly it does for your skin. Most of the recipes are very easy to make, although for the skin-tea, I had to find an online supplier of fresh herbs, but that was not a real problem. It teaches you about what the right products are that you should eat for a healthy skin and hair.
on 9 March 2014
I liked this book very much because it clarifies lots of doubts about skin problems. It give a fast and simple guide of vitamins and nutrients your kind of skin needs most, plus the main sources of each one of them.

The recipes seems yummy. Although I didn't cook any yet, I already applied some of the tips of the book to my daily diet. I rated as 3 stars because there are no pictures of the recipes done, what I missed a lot. Maybe because of this, I didn't try any recipe yet, if you don't see, you don't remember. I also thought the number of recipes very small.
on 30 May 2012
This book is clearly written and has some very interesting information within it. The recipe's are simple and very tasty. A good book,a favourite, thank you dale.
on 4 January 2013
A total insight into how food helps the skin, a proper skin bible, I would 100% recommend this book to anyone with problem skin
on 28 November 2012
I bought this to try and learn something new about my problem skin but wasn't further enlightened. Maybe it is because I have already read around the subject. There are some useful recipes but the book as a whole wasn't for me.
on 10 September 2012
There are lots of food fads out there. This is not one of them. Dale is a talented cook and writer - a dynamite combo in the kitchen. It's all about whole, unadulterated food which is easy to purchase. He is well worth watching, and following.
on 13 July 2014
This book looks like it will be full of information about clear skin but i found the book repeated itself too many times and could have been a much smaller book. I really did not find this book that usefull.
on 28 January 2014
The author of this book has clearly done his research & presents what he knows in a clear, and occasionally humorous way. He has experienced the confidence-affecting condition of acne so can truly sympathise with the readers who are looking for a healthy alternative 'cure' for their skin condition, other than just the confusing array of over-the-counter or prescribed products.

As well as offering food ideas and recipe suggestions, he goes into detail about how these foods work, the nutrients they provide and their importance in skin health. Much more interesting than just any old biology lesson! Reading this book has made me appreciate why I should be changing my diet based on how eating more healthily will improve my health and understanding the reasons why. However I have yet to follow this advice as I am concentrating on giving up smoking first...

Overall this book feels like it is offering useful advice rather than just a healthy-eating lecture.