Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 9 May 2013
I thought this book was excellent and I loved it. This book was so good that I couldn't stop reading it. I really enjoyed the ending because it was a cliff hanger, so I could work out the ending myself.
I would recommend this book to children over the age of ten.
This book was epic!
on 23 December 2015
It's Christmas and Emily is excited to see what presents she will get. While Dad gives Mum some silver sandles, Maxie some expensive felt tip pens and Vita a beautiful reindeer puppet, Em can't help feeling jelous. But when she opens her small present she realises that it is the most valuable one of them all. An emerald ring! But when Dad is in the kitchen (meant to be doing the washing up) Em discovers he is on the phone to his new girlfriend Sarah that nobody knew about...

Mum is screaming and crying when she finds out. Dad just looks guilty and solenm. He leaves on Boxing Day early in the morning so knowbody can stop him. What can Em do? How can she get Mum and Dad back together again? Will she?…
on 3 May 2015
This is a very good Jacqueline Wilson book, probably one of her best, but I cannot help but think this: all of her characters are the same. All of them. If you read or have read more than one of her books you will, doubtlessly, understand what I'm saying. Although her books are (really) good, the claims that her characters are "original" are certainly not true. Wilson needs to think of some newer characters or readers will begin to despair.
on 22 November 2015
Clean Break is a very deep story which links to real life.
I like the idea that em's father still cared about the family even though he left them,and this idea could support families in real life who are going through the same situation themselves. Jacqueline Wilson also creates very strong personalities of the characters in the book e.g. Maxie is a bit of a wimp,Vita is a bossy character etc.
Overall, I have given this book four stars and would recommend it to ages 10 and over.

Keep up the great stories Jackie!
on 17 October 2014
I am sooooooo fond of Em. She's super kind and not the slightest bit snobbish! I feel sorry for her when her magical dad leaves them. And I think Julie is weary being a single parent now. I can just imagine her, frown lines on her face, pretty blonde hair all ruffled. It must be super stressful for her.

I found no faults in this book, apart from the ending. I would have said,

We all knew who it was. The most magical person in the world. He'd come back to us, because he loved us. Maybe it was going to be the best Christmas ever.
on 8 August 2014
This is a fantastic book! I highly recommend this book to children from 8-12. It was so good I didn't put it down! It is about a happy family, Emily,Vita,Maxie and their parents. They start to the best Christmas ever but then something goes wrong. Emily's stepdad is caught phoning his new girlfriend Sarah and planning to live with her. Do Emily's mum and stepdad get back together again? Will Emily ever see her real dad again? You will have to wait and see! I would not recommend this book for children under 7 as it has some harsh parts in the story. Anyway this book is AMAZING so go and buy it now!
on 21 October 2007
If you haven't read anything by this author, it's well and truly time you do. She's among my top three young adult writers (I can't pick which
order), but she is hands-down THE BEST author in the junior fiction section of my library. The author is a prize-winning favourite and readers' choice for very good reasons. There are characters that everyone can relate to, and the characters have dimensions: some you like, some you don't, and others that have you changing your mind throughout. The premise of this novel is universal and utterly believable: a father walks out on a family. And the novel's turning point sees our narrator meeting her favourite author (Jenna Williams, for whom even her illustration seems based on Jacqueline Wilson herself). See what are you waiting for? Track down the author's books now!
on 23 October 2015
Out of the Jaquline Wilson books i have read so far this book is AWSOME!! emily is so sweet. She thinks about other people more than herself. She also has a great appatite just like me! i wish i was one of her best mates. Its so awful when she finds out her dad was giong out with a nother lady.…
on 29 January 2014
Everything was fine until the dad left but when Em starts to get uncomfortable about her weight. Em knows there not going to be a family again but she has a teensy bit of hope left inside of her. When her dad buys her an emerald ring he said it was a real emerald and Em believed him but when she went to a collecters shop to sell it because her family where in desperate need of money. But when they say its a fake she knows it was a lie all along.
I really loved this book it was the most amazing thing i've ever read i would recommend it to everyone between the ages of 8 to 16 you should definetly read it then you'll know what i mean. Iike the saying never judge a book by the cover.

Nawal (11)
on 2 June 2012
This story is about a happy family. There is a older sister called Emily and she has a brother called Maxie and a stepsister Vita.Vita has a really cool dad who is married to Emily's mum. Unfortunately, one Christmas they break up as Vita's dad is going out with another woman. The parents decide they want a clean break. Emily then tries to get them back together by planning day trips that never go as well as she thought they would. I think thet Jacqueline Wilson has cleverly described the characters feeling and emotion. She tell you so much about the characters it felt as if they they come alive! Although i am a great fan and i am inspired by Jacqueline Wilson's stories this is not the best however it still is a moving scenario.
I recommend this to all JW fans!