Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Can the iPod Classic be played through a car stereo system?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Jun 2012 15:38:49 BDT
David says:
I like to play music on long trips in the car. Can the iPod be played through a car stereo system?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 18:42:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 20 Jun 2012 18:43:30 BDT
Mr. N Hassan says:
Hi David,

First off, it depends on the stereo. Without knowing whether you are using a factory fitted, or custom CD player, I can't provide a very tailored answer. Fundamentally though, you have two options with your iPod classic: 3.5mm or usb. You must check your specific cd player to determine compatibility.

3.5mm requires a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable such as: 3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold

usb can be achieved via the cable you charge your iPod with.

Can I suggest the excellent and affordable Sony CDX-GT540UI Car Stereo with CD/USB/ Front Aux Input Radio Tuner - this supports both connection types.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Jul 2012 19:06:24 BDT
David says:
Thank you for your advice. I have now purchased a 3.5mm cable as you recommended and my iPod Classic plays perfectly through my car stereo system.

Thank you so much for the quick advice.

David
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  11 Jun 2012
Latest post:  6 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions