Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Mar 2010 23:21:56 GMT
Has anyone heard if this is going to get a classic cover release like the last one? Would really like to know in advance this time so I don't end up having to buy the book twice.

Posted on 15 May 2010 17:49:51 BDT
Kifty says:
I suggest you petition the publisher, as was done last year, so they do a run with the original cover style... That's the only reason why the second print run, with the more popular (at least with the fans who have bought the series from the beginning) cover style, occurred last year. Some "marketing" idiot thought that it would be a good idea to alienate all of the original fan base by changing the cover style mid-way through the series without offering an alternative, i.e. the original style. Plenty of letters pointing out, yet again (yawn - they still haven't learned), the error of their ways (and threatening a boycott again) will probably result in the print we all want to see being released later in the year. The publisher needs to know that we aren't going to go away with our complaints, but their sales will. Power to the people!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2010 22:10:43 BDT
Mark Twain says:
"The publisher needs to know that we aren't going to go away with our complaints, but their sales will". I disagree there. Their sales will increase because of the number of people having to buy the book twice.
I had to do that last year and ended up giving the one with the crappy new cover to the local library. The same thing will mostly likely happen again this year when I get the movie version on release day, and then buy the "Limited Edition" when it comes out later on in the year.

Posted on 29 May 2010 10:47:32 BDT
Thanks for the reply guys. I got stung by the different cover last year, but it won't happen again. Guess I'll just have to put up with thm looking poor on my bookshelf. Suppose it will fit in with the Witches book anyway.

Posted on 29 May 2010 12:43:16 BDT
emkar says:
I cannot believe that the publishers have done this again. Is this greed? Last book had to buy two just because like Mark I was stung -to get the "original" looking cover, now another with a c*^p cover has been released. How to lose your customers. Not one bit impressed to have covers changed halfway through what was a good looking series. Whoever is making these decisions is certainly not one bit thinking about collectors or the fan base. Grrrr Bodley Head are you earning so much money that your customers can be treated this way. Poor form!!

Posted on 30 May 2010 00:16:25 BDT
Claire King says:
I haven't bought the new book yet because I'm awaiting (hopefully not fruitlessly) for it to be released in the original binding. It looks so much more classy this way and was what drew me to the books in the first place. The new covers really look cheap and nasty (sorry illustrator).

Posted on 6 Jun 2010 14:34:13 BDT
Fundin says:
The new covers look like every other fantasy series. I neeeeed this book in the 'old style' cover. I would even buy it if it came out in real leather, money (almost) not an object
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  1 Mar 2010
Latest post:  6 Jun 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Spook's Nightmare: Book 7 (The Wardstone Chronicles)
The Spook's Nightmare: Book 7 (The Wardstone Chronicles) by Joseph Delaney (Hardcover - 27 May 2010)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (52)