Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jun 2010 22:21:13 BDT
I'm slightly annoyed at some of the reviews, why moan and give this film a low rating because of the 3D, if you choose to watch it in 3D that's you're decision but don't rate the film one star because you're 3D experience was rubbish, rate it on acting overall feel and plot.

I don't think its fare comparing this to the older version either, I think we have come along way since plaster scene monsters, it would be like comparing David Bowie's labyrinth with Pans labyrinth both grate films but entirely different, think of it as a whole new film and then review it.

I really like the old version and I do have a digitally enhanced version, but I also will be adding the new Blu-ray film, it's a shame that a lot of diehard classics fans won't accept the way films are changing now and criticize anything they can.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jun 2010 09:25:18 BDT
Dragonlord says:
The story was told better in the original version and shows Ray Harryhausen special effects at his best. I did still enjoy this version and will be getting it on blu-ray when in comes out later this year.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2010 15:32:43 BDT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jul 2010 17:26:34 BDT
Swordswench says:
Considering this dvd hasn't even been released yet there shouldn't be any reviews allowed at all! I imagine most people are writing reviews about the movie hence all the 3D comments.

You are right, films are changing in that flashy effects are being used as a substitute for a good story. Of course this movie is going to be compared to the earlier version - it is a remake. I've enjoyed some remakes that some might consider sacrilegious (The Italian Job, for instance, which I thought was great), but Clash of the Titans 2010 did nothing other than take a good yarn based on Greek myth and turned it into a formulaic, incoherent revenge film that had none of the grandeur of the original - better effects or not. I loathed this film and won't be buying it on DVD or Bluray.

Posted on 28 Jul 2010 11:16:11 BDT
I hate Amazon. I want to know what is on the disc - features languages and extras, but Amazon never tell us anything useful like that. They seem to expect us to already know everything about the items we're thinking about buying. Useless!
If I want a review of a film then I'll look it up on IMDB or Wikipedia.

WHAT IS ON THE DISC?????????
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  20 Jun 2010
Latest post:  28 Jul 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions