- Purchase any product from the Film and TV Store sold by Amazon.co.uk and receive £1 to use on any music download in our MP3 Store. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Actionpacked from beginning to end, the movie features an amazing skateboarding chase, two great fight sequences with British kickboxing hero Gary Daniels, and a wonderful high impact encounter with veteran Australian performer and all-round nice guy, Richard Norton.
A guaranteed winner, City Hunter was a box-office sensation in Hong Kong upon it's release and also scored big in the international theatrical circuit. Now fully restored and digitally re-mastered for its premiere UK DVD release, City Hunter : Special Collector's Edition also showcases a dazzling array of exciting DVD extras, including an illuminating commentary by HK film expert Bey Logan, interviews with key cast members, and hilarious 'behind the scenes' footage and out-takes.
This is one DVD package that no self-respecting Chan fan will want to miss!
- Digitally Re-Mastered and Restored DVD Transfer
- 16:9 Anamorphic Version enhanced for Widescreen TVs
- Dual Language Version (Cantonese with re-mastered English subtitles and English Dubbed)
- AC3 5:1 Digital Audio
- Feature length audio commentary by Hong Kong Cinema Expert Bey Logan
- Animated Biography Showcase
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- UK Promotional Trailer
- Interview Gallery (Jackie Chan, Richard Norton, Gary Daniels)
- Out-Take Montage
Although Jackie doesn't do his normal life threatening stunts in this movie, he fights enough to keep the action pumping to the end. This movie stars my favorite TV martial artist Gary Daniels (Fist of the North Star/Bloodmoon etc) who shows off his muscles, his flexibility and finally a great sense of humor.
The StreetFighter II scene is a favorite of viewers in which Jackie Chan (who plays City Hunter) is thrown through an arcade and turns into E. Honda And Chun Li plus his friends turn into Dalsym and Guile. Of course the bad guy turns into ken and smashes the lot of them.
My only complaints about this movie are the sound effects, which always seem a moment late or too loud for a small hit, which is common for oversea movies and annoying like crazy to the West. This is a fun movie, more comedy than action more good than bad.