Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.69

on 17 June 2014
I have held off writing a review on this book until I got a good way in to ensure that my review was based on experience of the content. Over the past year I have attended a local college and completed the four semesters of Cisco's CCNA Discovery, this was delivered one evening per week for 3 hours, plus access to the curriculum at home. Whilst the CCNA Discovery gave me a better understanding of networking I still felt that I was not confident enough in the CCNA Discovery to take the CCENT or CCNA, Cisco sometimes makes understanding concepts and theories quite hard, especially for someone who is not an academic, like me.

I bought the kindle version of this book in the hope that I would improve my networking knowledge further still, and I'm extremely pleased with the book, it is perfectly written for someone like me, Paul has structured the requirements of the exams into individual daily content, he explains concepts in layman's terms as much as he can, and I must say it does help, the fact that the book is called "CCNA in 60 Days" motivates you, each day he outlines the goal of that particular day, and each day ends with mini exam questions and labs for you to go through to gain experience, for the labs, use either a physical lab or Packet Tracer/GNS3 simulation software. I found the "personal trainer" approach keeps you motivated and on track.

It's a great book, that with your effort could result in you gaining a Cisco certification.
on 31 August 2015
Firstly a confession, I have not been using the book as intended. I did not want to commit 2 hours a day to studying, so I am not really following the 'in 60 days' ethos. I have previously passed older CCNA exams twice, so I felt confident in not following the book as designed. That said, I can completely understand why the author recommends the 'in 60 days' method. I have seen many friends start studying for the CCNA but give up before taking the exam.

The book is very easy to read and well structured. There are a few mistakes in the book, but they are quite obvious and do not detract from the learning. The book seems more direct and contain less fluff than a lot of the Cisco books I have read.

Overall, I would definately recommend as a great way to study (and pass!) the CCNA. I have my ICND1 exam booked soon and feel confident that I will pass.
on 14 March 2014
Well organised, easy to read material. Good value for money too at the current discounted price.

Highly recommended CCNA guide.
on 19 August 2015
Hello all. This book is very good. I have read the negative reviews on .uk and .com domains, and they are very petty negatives.
The number one reason for negative reviews, is to leave a review to get practice exam extras, he doesn't say you have to leave a positive review, just an honest review; and funny enough we all have complete control over our reviews, which is one of the reasons amazon is a great place to purchase.

Next onto the material. The material is over and beyond what you need to know, I have read the actual cisco press books when i was a network support engineer, they are such stiff books, expensive and boring to be honest. This book goes above and beyond, even as far as client end troubleshooting tools, such as ipconfig commands, ping, tracert etc. Simple things like adding in information on troubleshooting out of network devices is very important, the cisco books are terrible for this, everything is all about cisco. Well in the real world, the cisco devices are just one part of the puzzle! Anyways I can say alot more on this subject, but thanks for the book, and thanks for adding flexibility and structure to it.

For people whining about it having too much information or it is too hard. You need to do A+ first or at have on the job experience to understand right away, but if you are going to learn from scratch, i reckon you would be able to with this book.
on 21 April 2015
I have tried to study for a CCNA qualification for some time now and have been struggling. This book has help a lot because it structures the information you are required to learn into manageable chunks. This makes it a lot easier to learn because you don't become overwhelmed by the volume of information you are required to learn for the CCNA. I bought the Kindle edition which is fantastic value, especially compared to Cisco's own stuff.
on 25 March 2014
I bought the first 'Cisco CCNA in 60 days' book and choose the material because of the great reviews from those who share the same goals. Having passed my CCNA exam with the 1st book and the use of a PT simulator, the book provided guidance for self-study and straight to the point material, making it easier to know what to learn. An easy choice at such a competitive price.
on 17 March 2014
Stick to this schedule - 2 hours per day for 60 days and there is a very good likelihood of passing the CCNA exams. Normally this could take 2 years, but this book is FOCUSED, clearly written and to the point. The excellent "motivational" appendix/chapter which was in the 1st edition as appendix F is now online only (I think) once you have purchased this book. Regarding value for money, this is incredible. Even if you don't want to go for the full CCNA course, it is a very useful book for Infrastructure and Solution Architects
on 12 January 2015
Well structured study guide. Having previously attempted learning Cisco material through self study I am finding this structured guide a breath of fresh air. A guide on what to study and when has greatly improved my knowledge of Cisco systems. I am currently working through the book (still in early days) and finding the concise guides, broken into daily study sessions works great with my study style. I would reccomend this book to anybody wanting to learn Cisco by direct instruction on what to learn followed up with the exact knowledge required to do so. Why only 4 stars? Well, it's early days and I haven't sat my exams yet so can't accurately comment on it's full usefulness ;)
on 8 April 2014
The book is split into sections/subjects to learn each day and these subjects are reiterated through the course so that the next time the subject comes up you recall what you read the previous time to help it sink in. As the author says you have to really want to pass the exam, to pass the exam. This will only help you pass in 60 days if you do 60 days hard study. You take the full CCNA exam after 60 days or split it in two as the book says. The first 30 days are to set you up ready to take the ICND1 exam and the last 30 days to take the ICND2 exam or the full 60 days to take one exam (CCNA). I have tried previously but this is really sinking in. Great job.
on 22 October 2014
I've not quite finished reading yet, so this is only a thoughts-so-far review.

This is a good book. As simple as that. It deals with everything you need to know, so far, about the CCNA course content and has done a good job of preparing me to sit the individual Chapter exams on the Cisco Training Academy learning site. I like it and I'm enjoying reading it. I like the format, I like the way it's written and I am in general (apart from the really complicated stuff) enjoying the content.

Certainly worth the price - bought on kindle.