Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > The Help forum

Christmas books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Nov 2010 21:08:50 GMT
Me and my girlfriend are both keen readers, neither of us ever without a book on the go. However. I want to get her a book for xmas as a stocking filler but have no idea as to what. shes just finished "one day - david nichols" and loved it, so anything similar would be much appreciated.

cheers

Posted on 2 Nov 2010 15:29:42 GMT
G. Evans says:
give her an amazon gift token. she can chose what she wants. sounds as if neither of you have a kindle (?) get her one of those & let her download books

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2010 15:42:16 GMT
nah neither of us do, i like the idea of them but theres no point in me having one at the minute

Posted on 11 Nov 2010 21:18:19 GMT
pizzapie says:
I also ready One Day and loved it, and have just finished reading the book The Help that you posted this question under, which I also loved. After I finished reading One Day, I was at a loss on how to follow up that book, until I picked up Are You Experienced by William Sutcliffe and its follow-on, Whatever Makes You Happy. I really enjoyed them both... the characters and settings are familiar, but the style is very different. I think your girlfriend might enjoy these books.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Feb 2011 18:04:11 GMT
Zimri Smith says:
I just read "The Hand That First Held Mine" by Maggie O'Farrell. It was a fabulous read and takes place in the 1950s Soho, as well as current day Belsize Park/Hampstead. I read both The Help and One Day, which I enjoyed.

Posted on 3 Jan 2012 15:30:28 GMT
read Douglas Kennedys 'The Moment' one of the best books I have ever read - his 'Pursuit of Happiness' is also fab
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Help forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  1 Nov 2010
Latest post:  3 Jan 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Help
The Help by Kathryn Stockett (Paperback - 13 May 2010)
4.8 out of 5 stars (2,662)