Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.68

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 17 December 2015
In its synopsis, the book claims to be “stories which can be enjoyed by the whole family”, and I think that’s an accurate assessment. If you have an older relative who doesn’t like anything too gory or terrifying, or younger teenagers looking for something to while away the hours, this is a great book for them.

The stories are reasonably predictable, but that doesn’t mean they are dull. They are engaging and very evocative of the festive atmosphere. However, Preistley has a habit of leaving the monster or the fright until the very end of the story, which works well for some people but I found it a bit dull after a while. A bit more variety of pace would have been appreciated, but if you like the “final sting in the tail” kind of story, then this is the book for you.

There are seven stories in total, with a taster of his novel “The Dead of Winter” at the end. I was sufficiently impressed by the writer and intrigued by the taster to consider buying the book, if I wasn’t already up to my ears in Ginger Nuts books to read!
on 4 December 2012
Extremely creepy short stories, sent a welcome shiver down my spine several times. A deadly snowman, a ghost suffering from the cold and an absolutely disturbing drummer 'toy' are just some of the 'characters' you will encounter and the uncomfortable feeling of fright will stay with you long after finishing the book. Festive but certainly not frivolous fun!
on 12 January 2013
I have read a couple of this author's books along the same lines and I do enjoy them although I wouldn't call them tales of terror at my age, maybe they would be better for younger readers ( late teens maybe).
on 14 January 2013
Only half way through, some really good stories but did think they were going to be scarier from the cover of the book. Not disappointed though and a little imagination can make them seem a lot creepier.
on 27 October 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading any books but not for the faint hearted ... !
on 10 December 2014
I liked the old fashioned way these simple stories are written. I only gave four stars because I didn't get the last one at all; sorry maybe I missed something along the way. Also I wouldn't exactly call them terror, but all in all quirky and enjoyable and short enough to read one in full before turning out the light.. Merry Christmas.
on 26 April 2016
Another excellent collection of Scary stories from the master of the macabre. Chris has that wonderful gift of sending the reader directly to the venue of the story.