Format: Audio CD|Change

There is no doubt that this is a lovely collection of Christmas music from Enya but considering that there are only four tracks on this EP it is very expensive.I have an import CD along a similar vein called 'Sounds Of The Season' which actually contains six tracks,the extra two being 'Amid The Falling Snow' and 'Oiche Chiuin'so you may want to try and find that as it represents better value.

The latest release from Enya 'And Winter Came' is an album of winter and Christmas music and is excellent so if you want a seasonal offering from the lovely lady then that is the one I would recommend.But if you are like me and want to hear everything Enya has recorded I guess that you will buy this EP anyway.Just be aware that there is another one out there with more tracks.
on 22 December 2006
This is the EP which features on the Christmas version of the Amarantine album.

It has all the hallmarks of Enya's music, which means beautiful musical arrangements overlaid with glorious, multi-tracked voices.

Four tracks: "Adeste, Fideles" (or "O Come All Ye Faithful", sung in Latin) is just wonderful and should be the Christmas number 1 (it's the second song on the "It's In The Rain" single (see my review of that); "We Wish You A Merry Christmas", as you've never heard it sung before (it's had an Enya makeover and sounds like Christmas Pudding with Brandy Butter) given to someone who can't get enough of Christmas Pudding with Brandy Butter - gosh, it's soooooo good; and two original Enya/Roma Ryan songs - "The Magic Of The Night" and "Christmas Secrets", two more beautiful tracks, which make this EP just about the best thing since Turkey and all the trimmings! This is a sheer delight, which you can wallow in if you so desire.

I am not a big fan of Christmas but, strangely, really like the music. Before I bought this, the best Christmas music I had in my collection was Mary Margaret O'Hara's Christmas EP, which is pretty wonderful. This is even better!

Completely sumptuous!
on 7 February 2007
i love this ep from enya. she can make christmas music sound great. most christmas music is naff at best but enya has worked magic with adeste fideles and we wish you a merry christmas. my personal favourites out of the 4 are:- magic of the night and we wish you a merry christmas. i wish i could give this cd 10 stars and not 5.
on 7 November 2008
As always, Enya sings like an angel but I was disappointed when I saw that there were only 4 tracks on the CD. Maybe I should have read the details properly.
on 11 January 2014
This was a blessing and made. My Christmas season a most wonderful experience. Enya thank you for the music. I first heard it on YouTube and I was hooked. I HAD TO GET MY OWN COPY! Thanks to YouTube!
on 18 January 2016
I am a little disappointed with the CD I thought it would have been more upbeat, I knew it was going to be a bit more dower as I saw her Interview on the Television, but I did not expect it to quite so hum drum. A lot of the songs were the same, and the music the same, usually Enya produces an excellent CD but this time whether or not it is because she had not done it for a while or not |I do not know, but it was not up to her usual standard. I am very disappointed as I love all her other CD's and have most of her other ones and enjoy them.
on 12 March 2013
I loved this EP with four Christmas songs. It was a delight, and is an essential purchase for all Enya's many fans.
on 12 December 2014
My husband enjoyed listening to this cd bit disappointed it did not have more tracks on it put still loves it
on 19 November 2015
Not much to say... Just love Enya...
on 7 February 2016
A very good pleasant album.easy to listen too.when you want to hear something a little less loud and more relaxing at Christmas time.