Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 October 2011
Some reviews I've noticed for this book:

"This is the second classic comic that I have read, and I find this one of the best graphic adaptations I have read so far. The original text is faithful to the novel; the illustrations are excellently done (something that can rarely be achieved by other collections); and the additional information may be useful to understand the social and cultural contexts of the novel.I think other readers will love it too."
- Elvin Ortiz, amazon.com

"I read this book as part of an assignment in a writing class. I was fairly unfamiliar with graphic novels before reading this book and I am glad I started with this one because it was a good introduction. I had previously thought of graphic novels as science fiction comics for kids or people who didn't like to read. This book convinces me that the graphic format is capable of telling serious stories.

The artwork in this book is bright, colorful, and expressive. Only original text is used in the book so it still has the sound and feel of the classic. This version also has extra information at the end that is very helpful if you want to know the history of the author and the story behind the book.

The downside of this book for me was that it did not contain all of the original text. Because I read the classic version along with the graphic I had the chance to see them both simultaneously which helped me see the strengths of the graphic.

Minus my small complaint, this is a good version of a great story. I recommend it."
- Joseph Brown - Amazon.com

"If a person is looking for the top of the line classic, graphic novel this would be a great book for them. The graphic novel version of A Christmas Carol goes well together with the adaptation version by Charles Dickens. The graphic novel version also goes well with the 2009 movie version of A Christmas Carol. The graphic novel version is a great book for a person who wants to get a wonderful message and read a great classic in fewer words and pictures. This book would be a great graphic novel for a high school English teacher to use in their classroom. During high school, a lot of book they read are classics and A Christmas Carol could be one that they could use by using both the graphic novel and the adaptation version. A Christmas Carol has my five stars behind it because of the quality of the illustrations and the striation of the book as a whole."
- cuzzo, amazon.com
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 October 2011
Got this for my 8yo daughter as a Halloween gift/run up to Christmas. She loves reading Dickens and this story is a favourite. The illustrations are perfection, the story told in a different way makes it intriging in a new way. A lot of time has gone into making this right. Deep colours, spine tingling drawings, very gloss thick quality print/paper. Very happy with this purchase.
on 1 January 2014
This comic book adaption of the Charles Dickens classic is really good. I read it a couple of days before the 25th and it put me right in the Christmas spirit (pun not intended ha ha). The artwork was up there with Marvel and DC's best.
One thing I should point out to anyone wanting to purchase this or any of the other titles is that u can buy a few different versions of the same stories. There's 3 altogether featuring different texts, original-straight from the source book, original/modern-mixture of original text and modern language. And then there's the version which has pretty much been made in how we talk today. I ( not realising until it arrived) was pleasantly surprised that i had ordered the original text. A modern spoken version of this story would hav lost all appeal. Overall a great book for a great price.
on 3 December 2013
I love Christmas! One of my favourite stories of all time is the Christmas Carol. I love the Muppets film and the original novel. I start on this note just to make clear I might be a little bias in my review.
This graphic novel is amazing, it feels high quality and looks amazing. This version use the original text (although for obvious reason not in full) so the book would be a great study aid for children who perhaps find novels daunting. Also, it contains information in the back about Dickens and the Christmas Carol Additionally, the art work is stunning and really brings the story to life. It is great for anyone who wants a fresh take on an old classic, or in my case and old favourite or an excellent way to introduce someone to the Christmas Carol.

Merry Christmas to all and 'God bless us, everyone!'
on 3 September 2013
Ever since I got a leather bound copy of The Christmas Stories by Mr. Dickens, when I was 11 years old, A Christmas Carol has captivated me no matter how many times I read it or see a version of the film. I have many, many different versions of the story, both book & film, and am always looking out for more. I wasn't sure about this book at first but, after reading through it a second time, I love it! The artwork is fantastic and the story has, more or less, stayed true to the original. I recommend this for everyone, regardless of age but think, if you were trying to get boys to read(I work in a school & know how difficult it can be!), this would be brilliant and could well spark their interest.
on 31 May 2016
This Graphic Novel is a must for anyone studying it for GCSEs.
This version uses the orginal text and has the added bonus of background of the author and what life was like in Victorian England - priceless as context now forms part of the new GCSE exam.
The fantastic graphics help to bring the story to life in addition it also helps with students learning and comprehension of the text.

Please note this review is the 2008 version (same ISBN number however)
on 9 December 2013
The graphic novel makes a text that is usually difficult for 17 year olds in Norwegian high school to be able to understand the plot and grasph the points of the text.

The drawings make clear to the reader the nature of Scrooge and his situation in life. The text is true to the original of Dickens.

A fine graphic novel for instruction and enjoyment.
on 15 April 2010
I bought this just before Christmas, as it is my favourite seasonal tale and decided to give the graphic genre a go. This is a faithful recreation of the original with excellent graphics. It is the next best thing to the original novella, with the advantage of being read easily in a couple of hours.
on 19 February 2014
If Charles Dickens where alive today and he saw this he would be proud I think the author has really done us proud here I can say that much he has really brought this classic story to life, it is the book and the film(s) all rolled into one if you love the story you will love this.
on 15 December 2012
I wanted to provide my student with a differnet types of text to experience 'A Christmas Carol'. This is a lovely version but the pages are really dark, mostly black infact.