Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

on 8 September 2012
A dark science fantasy in a gothic setting, this is a well written and gripping story with an intriguing and complex cast of characters. There are some very graphic, and genuinely scary, depictions of the netherworld but also some very moving episodes. Compulsive reading, and I will definitely be buying the sequels. Highly recommended.
on 1 September 2013
i would recmend this series of books to anyone into sci fiction,my only draw back i thought it was`nt translated to the e books properly in places,,,, other than that i enjoyed all 8 books ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
on 21 April 2013
One of the best books I have read. The plot was different and written brilliantly I was hooked from page one. I am going to recommend it to all my friends and family.
on 21 January 2013
The story deals with various sets of telepathic twins Dynan and Dain are princes in a world that has been broken and set in a repeating circle for 1000s of years. Dynan is the main protagonist and this book is his story set between the world they live on and also a version of limbo. There are two other sets of telepaths that matter in this story. Alurn is currently a ghost but was once half of a set of twins who intended to break the cycle but instead were broken, in particular Adiem (Alurn's twin) was broken into 6 parts and is the main villain in the book.

Then there are a brother and sister Maralt and Carryn. Carryn gets visions of the future, Maralt has all sorts of powers including the ability to remove memories.

The story is all about how they try to defeat Adiem and as such is a reasonable story. There are however some things that make it hard to give the book five stars. One of these is Maralt who is just too powerful, another is the weakness of Dain. Also it isn't as gripping as it could be and the suspension of disbelief becomes difficult at times.

I can see this book getting everything from 1 to 5 stars, I would have given it 3.5 but rounded up.
This book is a blend of science fiction and fantasy which works incredibly well. You also have soul spirits, demons, wraiths as well as the monks and Guardians of the Word. The story is rich and in-depth and will leave you wanting more.

The world is well thought out and the characters all play their parts incredibly well. I don't think there is a single character that I thought could have had more development. Saying that, this is solely for this book because I can see that the story and characters both will continue to grow and advance as the series moves on.

It is hard to say anything more without giving away any spoilers so I will leave it there. What I can and will say is that I can definitely recommend this to all fans of both Science Fiction and Fantasy. Whilst it is free, what you got to lose?

Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
on 6 August 2013
I saw this book and because it was free I decided to give it a go. I'm a fantasy and sci-fi genre fan and I was looking for something new to read. I was hooked straight away and couldn't put it down, I've already downloaded the others books and don't intend to have a life until I finish them lol
on 30 October 2013
I loved this story from beginning to end! The start of a series concerning twins Dynan and Dain, this tale delves into the mysterious and amazing world that is filled with both magic and technology, mystery and suspense, good versus evil.

It's very well written, and crammed with detailed and realistic characters - some good, some bad - with an immense back story of mythical proportions.

What can I say about the story without giving spoilers? Nothing, but I will say that this book is highly recommended, and for those who love fantasy will adore it.

I am reading book #2, Myth and you will be as hooked as me to see what happens amongst the creativity and limitless imagination of this author.

As they say, a must read!
on 13 October 2013
I loved this book. Took me slightly longer than usual to become engrossed but was definitely fully under its spell within the 2nd chapter. Loved the imagery, fantastic story. Will definitely buy the other books in the series.
on 6 August 2013
I really enjoyed reading this once I had settled into who was who. Can see myself devouring the next books. I am already looking forward to finding out more about the characters and their lives. Great read.
on 1 October 2013
Good read, but it finished early, would have liked a bit more. Looking forward to the next book and adventure