Learn the short-cut way to knowing what conditions plants like. This is the cheat’s guide to becoming a ‘Plant Whisperer’. You’ll learn lots of cunning little tricks to enable you to know which plants will suit your garden, just by looking at their leaves.
Plants that like to grow in certain conditions often have similar characteristics. So, rather than learning lots of plants individually, it's much simpler and quicker to learn the characteristics instead.
How to Choose the Right Plants will show you:
• Simple techniques to discover your garden’s soil type (the first stage to choosing the correct plants).
• Learn what to look for when choosing plants so you get the right plant for the right place in your garden
• Learn the important plant characteristics which will help you to identify the plant’s needs.
• Learn how to spot if a plant requires sun or shade just by looking at the leaves.
• Learn how to work out if your soil is acid or alkaline without needing a pH testing kit.
• Learn the short list of names that will tell you about the plant’s growth habit and flower colour.
The book is perfect for complete beginners and established gardeners who wish to improve their plant knowledge.
About the Author
Rachel Mathews has been a garden designer for 20 years. She has designed hundreds of beautiful gardens in the UK. She has also designed gardens in the USA and Spain. As well as designing, Rachel now teaches garden design and has written a series of ‘how to’ garden design books and online courses. She teaches a very simple method that enables anyone to create a stunning garden.