on 9 September 2004
Having trained at Slattery Patisserie under the instruction of John Slattery and John Costello I can highly recommend this book. There are a lot of tips which John has selflessly shared which is typical of his enthusiasm to share his passion. The information in this book will help anyone regardless of skill level to achieve a professional standard. You do not need to buy any other book, this will give you the confidence to venture into this wonderful world and encourage you to progress with your own ideas.
on 5 April 2006
This book is wonderful. Aside from Chocolate wedding cakes it has many other interesting ideas for centrpieces that could be used for any celebration. It also gives details of different types of chocolate and clear insructions how to achieve all the the different effects. Nicely written and lovely clear photographs also help.
on 21 February 2010
Fantastic book- certainly lives up to it's cover. So much more useful info than just how to make chocolate cakes. Comprehensive coverage of decorating too. As someone who's not a chocoholic, I'll just have to find a willing volunteer to do my taste testing-but I feel conversion coming on!
on 9 October 2013
This book is so good. I had never worked with chocolate before but I wanted to make my daughter in laws 40th birthday cake using chocolate roses on a chocolate cake. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! The instructions were easy to follow.I have done lots of sugarcraft and wedding cakes so this was a different challenge and so enjoyed doing it.
on 29 June 2011
Brilliant photos and easy to follow instructions, I have made the chocolate cigarello cake and it turned out beautiful, received lots of compliments
on 21 March 2013
If you aren't a baker or cake decorator you could still enjoy this book if only to admire the skill of the author. The photographs are inspiring and enough to make you start salivating at each turn of the page, if only it had scratch and sniff then I'd score it a 5! To date, I have made the chocolate paste recipe and this has worked well and saving me from buying ready made at a stupidly high price. For the quantity I would have had to have bought ready made, the money I saved has covered the cost of this book and more.
on 15 December 2012
I was able to create a beautiful wedding cake, using Bouneville plain chocolate, to make the roses. some excellent ideas in the book.
on 7 December 2012
Book arrived in time. Lot of different recipes to chose. Have not tried all but looks very good. Would recommend.
on 23 October 2015
This is a great book the book gives you lots of ideas good at explaining and pictures are really good as well
on 9 June 2015