Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 March 2013
A good introduction to Chinese grammar, although is crying out for an accompanying CD. I would say trying to pronounce sounds based on a written pronunciation guide is pretty difficult, so that is why an audio accompaniment would be useful. Overall I would definitely recommend it.
on 19 January 2013
This book is so much easier to understand than the author's "Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar". I keep it o my desk at work so that I can dip into it and memorize tid-bits one at a time. It is well worth owning if you find the other book to demanding; it is also well worth owning as a kinder, simpler introduction to the other.
on 16 March 2011
Great for beginners. Has nice explanation style, the only thing is missing is audio. However as it mentioned in the book, there are plenty resources which can fill this gap.
PS. delivery was fast.
VINE VOICEon 4 February 2014
What the 'blurb' doesn't state is that this book is set out to accompany your regular books on Mandarin. I don't have any such things and that is why I bought this book. Having said that, even though I have only just started reading it - or should I say 'studying - I believe that it will be easy to assimilate.