Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Battlefield 4 (PS4) forum

China Rising DLC

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 314 posts in this discussion
Posted on 2 Dec 2013 21:40:45 GMT
K. P. Liddy says:
I have just contacted EA live chat, and they said we have to wait for the DLC to be released, and then contact amazon. He said if that didn't work then we should get back to EA. So it looks like amazon are passing the buck to EA and EA are passing it back to amazon.

Posted on 2 Dec 2013 22:05:46 GMT
S. John says:
I didn't get much luck with EA, I got called a jiyo (whatever that is)

You are now ready to chat with Kumar.
Kumar- Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Kumar. How may I assist you today?
Kumar- Hello.
you- Hi, pre ordered battlefield 4 from amazon and it did not include the china rising DLC code.
Kumar- Hello.
Kumar- I'll be glad to help you with this..
you- great
Kumar- As you know china rising is releasing on 4th dec, so i request you to wait till then and you will get your china rising pack
you- sigh, thats not helping and not what i've been informed by amazon CS. I've been advised that I can email a copy of my order and will receive my code.
Kumar- do you know that china rising is not yet released. ?
you- I understand that but the code should have been included in the box.
Kumar- That won't be of any use to you until it is released , you will automatically get china rising in your account at the time of release .
you- How will i if I don't have a code to activate the DLC ?
you- This is a common problem from http://amazon.co.uk. This was the advice posted on the CS forum. Start a live chat. Explain you pre-ordered BF4 on PS4 with Amazon.co.uk but received standard edition box, no reference to China Rising map pack. The advisor should create a 'case' during the chat and you will need to upload a picture. I would do this in advance of the chat so its ready - print off the order confirmation in printable format from your account and then lay the BF4 box next to it and take photo and save. Then you attach this picture to your open case in your EA a/c. This is then verified by the advisor, they asked me 3 things - email, address and security question on my EA account. They then typed out the 12 digit code there and then in the chat and I also just received it in an email from the advisor.
Kumar- jiyo
Kumar-I am sorry that was done by mistake by some advisor
Kumar- But now we are strictly restricted to issue any china rising codes until release
Kumar- You have to contact us after the release.
you- ok many thanks for not helping at all. I will copy this 'support' chat when I email to EA direct.

Posted on 2 Dec 2013 22:34:34 GMT
I also eventually got fobbed off and told Amazon have no codes so I need to speak to the publisher...just did the live chat with EA as others have mentioned and got the issue sorted very quickly, I guess it depends who you get on live chat, the lady I was speaking too seemed well informed and guessed that I was contacting them about China Rising and that I'd ordered form Amazon. Provided a screenshot of the game and my Amazon order and she generated me a code there and then and waited while I activated it to make sure it worked. While I think it's unfair to get irate at Amazon CS people on the end of the live chat as they are probably completely unaware of what's going on so can't really help, I have still sent a strongly worded e-mail as they should be the ones contacting EA and getting codes generated for their customers, not expecting us to of the leg work because of their mistake, I used the analogy that if I bought a saucepan and it was missing a lid, would they tell me 'sorry we don't have any lids, please contact the manufacturer?', whether that'll get the message through or not I have no idea but I thought it was worth a try lol

Posted on 2 Dec 2013 22:44:50 GMT
I was told on EA live chat that they can't do anything until after the release of the dlc. Guess it depends on who you get.

Posted on 2 Dec 2013 23:46:47 GMT
contacted ea support and they said they can't give me a ps4 code for the dlc because their systems aren't set up for that. it's up to sony or something. i'll have to try contacting amazon again. this is lame.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 00:11:09 GMT
Revan says:
Well, that's a sight for sore eyes, Amazon actually just sent the code for the missing limited edition NFS DLC, guess they did know there was an issue.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 00:24:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Dec 2013 00:36:05 GMT
ceno says:
The problem is: Amazon sent out the wrong item. It's as simple as that.

You ordered this: http://i.imgur.com/HIRfLBs.jpg
(BF4 "Day One Edition" incl. China Rising DLC + Bonus Battlepacks)

But you got this: http://i.imgur.com/kOJd67p.jpg
(BF4 Standard)

So my point is: They shouldn't even *try* to calm you down by providing some sort of codes by email or tunnel your complaints towards EA.
Amazon simply messed up. You ordered "Product A" but got "Product B" instead.

They should take back the standard edition and send out the correct one (the one you actually ordered) at no additional cost and AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Or if they cannot fulfill this request, completely refund your money.

Why this has happened in the first place was an internal error I think. They made the game available for pre-order before there were two versions available (Standard and "Limited Edition", also known as "Day One Edition").

Months later they finally seperated the two entries. If you visit the Battlefield 4 (PS4) product page you see you can now select between Standard and Limited Edition. Take a closer look at the top of the page and the "Instant Order Update". Mine says I had ordered the "Standard Edition" on 26 Aug 2013.

So what I think happened is this: They had one record for "Battlefield 4" on the PS4 in their system. When they added the "Limited Edition", they made the already available option the "Standard Edition". So everybody that pre-ordered the game before that date is listed in Amazon's system as a buyer of the "Standard Edition".

That's why they sent out the Standard Edition to people who pre-ordered. Because in Amazon's files you ordered the "Standard Edition" and got just that. That would also explain why people keep getting the same Standard Edition as a replacement..

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 01:16:12 GMT
mark says:
arrived late, no china rising DLC code or official guide poor job with this al over

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 01:25:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Dec 2013 01:26:44 GMT
Mr. A. Atkin says:
Okay so in the end rather than waiting any more on Amazon I contacted EA instead and I got somewhere.
I was helped by someone called Kevin. When I explained the problem he popped open a case for me straight away and then he asked for a screenshot of the Amazon order and a picture of the game, case number, today's date and his name and soon got the code. He told me he was handling other people with similar problems at the same time.

Kudos to him though, I did some mistakes along the way but he was quite patient and friendly. He didn't have all of the textbook replies that you'd usually get for a company rep on live chat either. He even did smileys and lols. (lol)

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 08:41:55 GMT
I've currently received a £7 discount voucher for ps+ killzone or knack, yet no BF4 China rising code, destiny is now cancelled,never EVER again am I buying games from Amazon

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 09:32:20 GMT
Sebastian says:
just be patient...

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear that you have not received the code for the - Battlefield 4 (PS4).
We are currently aware of this issue, and we're working on a solution.
You'll receive an update within 2-3 business days. Please be aware that this is the maximum amount of time it will take for us to update you.
I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 09:39:04 GMT
Natrolite55 says:
I just received another holding email from CS, after asking them not to do so. I asked for the issue to escalated and receive a reply from this so called games department. Just to really finish me off - MY PS4 JUST DIED! Wont read any discs. This new gen is not living up to my hopes so far.... (I appreciate this has nothing to do with the thread but I feel like blaming Amazon for some reason lol).

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 09:44:40 GMT
SJ16321 says:
People have been more than patient enough already. The code was supposed to come with the game that was released 4 days ago now. They might well sort it but I wouldn't hold my breath as they seem to prefer to blame EA. That said EA's customer service is nearly as dire as Amazons. Between this, FIFA and Need For Speed I must have paid roughly £150 for their products yet they fob me off with some nonsense about how they can't provide codes when other posts show they clearly can as I expected.

I deal with customers on a daily basis and frankly I'd be fired if I took 4 days to sort somebody out. That's big business for you though, let's ship our customer service out to Asia, they can't sort out any problems not on their scripts but it saves us a few bob.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013 10:04:21 GMT
Sebastian says:
it's not even out yet!

be cool

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 10:31:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Dec 2013 10:41:26 GMT
@ Sebastian, why are you posting a generic answer that most people have already received from Amazon customer services. Are you making out that you are customer services? which I believe you are not otherwise you would have the Amazon logo under your name which they used to show they are official Amazon staff.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 11:04:24 GMT
M Turner says:
I have just emailed the director of Amazon UK customer services and await his response.

His name is Mr Pease and can be contacted via customerservicesdirector@amazon.co.uk. His postal address:

Mr Andrew Pease
Director of Amazon.co.uk Customer Service
Amazon Customer Services
2-4 Waterloo Place
Edinburgh
EH1 3EG

I'll post the reply here as soon as I recieve it.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 12:03:37 GMT
Boomalla says:
My copy also arrived with no china rising DLC, contacted amazon support and i've received an email informing me they are investigating the matter and will get back to me within 5 working days.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Dec 2013 12:47:46 GMT
5 working days, 2 worksing days, contact EA, wait until the DLC is out etc...

Are we ever going to get a clear answer?!

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 12:53:01 GMT
M Turner says:
I'm determined to get a straight answer from Mr Pease.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 12:58:06 GMT
I got my code from each last night took me about 30 Mins but worth it never again am I buying a game from amazon

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 13:27:46 GMT
I didn't expect much but I've just been on EA's live help and after sending the photo they request got issued a download code straight away. Code is verified so I'm good to go when the content is out. Cheers for the tips guys!

*I started by saying Amazon suggested contacting EA directly so that may speed things up

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 13:33:01 GMT
EA just fobbed me right back to Amazon

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 13:36:54 GMT
Has anyone who has received a correct 12 digit code from EA redeemed it yet? Mine did not work and I have been told it won't until the pack has been released in the next few weeks.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 14:50:35 GMT
C. Newton says:
I contacted EA. After 4 attempts 90+ minutes later was told my proof of purchase didn't pass verification, Even after giving them screens of order page, copy of receipt and photo of game and box, still not good enough. All I can do now is wait 3 to 5 days for amazons reply.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 14:52:03 GMT
ceno says:
Also remember, the DLC wasn't the only thing advertised with pre-ordering at Amazon.co.uk! We were also promised a digital guidebook as well as bonus in-game battlepacks with the "Limited Edition" (the one with the yellow/golden banner below the PS4 logo header).

We all pre-ordered said "Limited Edition" but received the Standard Edition because Amazon UK changed all orders to the "Standard Edition" without notice in a major mess-up when they added the functionality to choose between "Standard" and "Limited" edition on the PS4 BF4 product page (they changed the already available option to "Standard", so all pre-orders became "Standard Edition" orders in Amazon's system).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Battlefield 4 (PS4) forum
Participants:  117
Total posts:  314
Initial post:  2 Oct 2013
Latest post:  19 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Battlefield 4 (PS4)
Battlefield 4 (PS4) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 4)
4.1 out of 5 stars (506)