Don't Let The Dead Bite is one of the five new shades in the 2014 Halloween collection 'Apocalypse'. It is a red tinged milky grey creme shade, filled with different sized red glitter particles. Two coats aren't totally solid, but I don’t mind the semi-sheer look. Three coats will give you a largely opaque look.

Since China Glaze's 2010 'Awakening' collection their Halloween releases were rather tame. Don't get me wrong many of the later polishes were nice, but most of them didn't exactly scream "Halloween", so this years collection is really exciting as it is fun and fits in with the season - this particular shade looks like blood splatters on dead flesh. A perfect fit for this year's zombie theme.

Then again I am wearing it now [I found a site that shipped it in July] and I don't feel that it is too out of place in the summer either; maybe because most people consider red to be a year round classic shade? You could always prettify this shade up if you want by topping it with another glitter, so I do consider this to be a year round shade.

_

Despite the heavy amounts of glitter this polish is easy to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks and I was impressed with the drying time. Plus it dries pretty smoothly too - a good topcoat leave more or less totally smooth the slight texture out. Being a glitter bomb it does take a little bit more effort to remove, but it seems easier than my other glitter-heavy polishes.

I am tough on my hands and regularly bang and catch my nails (self powered wheelchair user), so I'm not a lot of help determining wearability.
on 19 September 2014
Looks stunning, but it's a nightmare to remove yet wears off on the tips even with a good top coat. Still love it though!
on 1 October 2014
Nice item but the picture is misleading colour is much creamer like a beige