Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 March 2006
Mike Brown's book is well worth a read,with some fascinating insights into some of the finer detail of the Second World War from the perspective of a child.The only drawbacks are the shortness(just over 100 pages)which I didn't realise on purchase,and for me an over-reliance on photographs within those 100 pages,meaning the actual dialogue is really quite thin on the ground.Nevertheless a very worthy record of events in Britain during that time.One telling number,8,000 British under 16's lost their lives through enemy action between 1939-45.I would have preferred a little more realism in the account on this,there is little reference to those affected so closely by this statistic.
on 28 October 2012
I enjoyed this book very much. Imagine my surprise when I passed through the acknowledgements, I saw my mothers name jump out at me and came across her contributions, which I remember her telling me as a child. Wish there had been more.
on 9 February 2013
Excellent for those of us whose memory goes back to this time. Also my 9 yr old grandson is anxious to get his hands on it!