Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 January 2004
We found this book in the library and my mum thought it looked quite interesting so we borrowed it. My brother and I found the recipes really easy to follow and all the ones we have tried so far have worked (he is 11 and I am 13). However, I think a five year old could follow the simple steps. There is a photograph of each ingredient at the beginning of the recipe, along with a photo for each step so you can see exactly what to use and what to do. My mum also thinks she could use it as she really likes the way it's explained simply and it has real recipes like pasta, pies etc. along with biscuits and little snacks which are the only things you find in most children's cookery books. We liked it so much we have just ordered it off the site. I would recommend it to anyone.
0Comment| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2001
I bought this book for my 5 yr old son who likes to cook one glance through the recipes and photographs and I was more eager than he was.The recipes are easy to follow and the step by step photographs reassure you that you are doing the right thing. From hamburgers to gingerbread men this book makes them all seem easy to make. So go on indulge yourself and your children and buy this book Delia eat your heart out.
on 30 July 2004
My daughter (7) brought this home from school and we couldn't wait to try the recipes. The illustrations are excellent (aren't DK's always), the recipes are simple enough for the children to do but challenging enough to make it worthwhile. We made the animal bread shapes and thoroughly enjoyed making and eating them.
on 23 January 2002
i bought this book for my children aged 12-18 and
they enjoyed making the different recipes,as they were easy to do and the photographs helped aswell.
on 20 September 2010
I like to cook with the grandchildren, and this is a fun way of doing it, as they can follow the easy steps, with a little help from Nanna, I also brought one for my daughter too, so they can cook at home with Mummy.
Very good book to teach children, how to put things together, and cook something yummy to eat.
on 17 January 2016
This is an excellent cookbook for beginners. It explains the basics of preparing food in simple easy to follow steps, There is a vast range of recipes for all occasions. I bought this for my young granddaughter but it would easily suit students or anyone unfamiliar with cooking,
on 7 October 2015
A great quality book. There are lots of interesting and fun recipes here. Each page has a new recipe and there are photos to show ingredients and what to do. my daughter is 9 and uses this book alone to cook (I'm just overseeing when the oven/hob is on). It covers snacks, breakfasts, whole meals and puddings.
VINE VOICEon 19 July 2013
When a younger family member showed me this book, I was expecting it to just contain a few simple recipes that the little ones could have fun with, but to my surprise, there were also quite a few recipes that I wanted to have a go at myself - to the extent that I ended up ordering my own copy!

Obviously, as it's marketed at children, there's a lot of introductory stuff about identifying ingredients and working safely, and certainly there's a lot of fun, simple recipes for the kids, such as pizza toppings, sandwiches, easy to make cookies and gingerbread people. But don't discount this as one for the kids only, as there are quite a few recipes that are great for making and serving to any age group. From tasty apple pie and fish pie to delicious fried rice and the new family favourite "cowboy bean bake", all of the recipes have clear, straightforward instructions, and for a little bit of effort, give excellent results.

Overall, this is a great little book to have on the shelf, and unless you're the kind of cook who aspires to only cook high end Michelin-class meals, I would highly recommend investing in this book - regardless of whether or not you have children!
on 26 November 2015
Beautiful book, I have one in my cupboard that is well worn, used when my kids were small and I still use it occasionally now. This is a gift fir an 8 year old and I am sure he will enjoy it as much as my kids did.
on 10 January 2015
This was bought for our granddaughter who loves to cook and to accompany a cooking set we were also giving her.
This book came out tops in the reviews I looked at and it is not surprising. This is definitely a cook book put together with a lot of thought of who it is for. The recipes are really well set out for little ones who are only just learning to read but it is not babyish. I would say a book for life. She was thrilled with it.