on 4 January 2010
This is a beautifully illustrated children's map. The pictures of the animals are informative and fun and my 3year old son loves to comb over the 100's of animals. Among the plus points is that he is able to pinpoint where we live (as well as our relatives, all over the world) by identifying the animal represented on the relevant continent. HOWEVER a couple of down sides are that the map is SOOO busy that it becomes hard to identify which country you are looking at (as they are not marked) and the geographic accuracy has been somewhat sacrificed for the overall stylized nature of this map. All in all a lovely addition to my sons room, but possibly not for someone who is obsessive about accuracy.
on 1 November 2010
This is a great map. We bought it for our 3 year old and it is a definite hit. The quality of the print is great. Pictures are interesting, colorful and fun. Having an animal encyclopedia at hands we spent hours reading about various creatures and then finding them on a map. What makes it even more interesting is that the majority of animals are depicted in a manner related to their natural activity (e.g. bear stealing honey, chased by bees; singing cricket, etc.) so we have a lot of fun discussions about what animals actually do there and why.
Finally, not only our child enjoyed it, but we, parents, also spent some time studying it and discovering quite a few new creatures.
Will definitely recommend it.
on 9 May 2009
I am thoroughly impressed with this map. I walked in to another teacher's class and saw this on the wall and immedietly thought I HAD to have it. It is highly educational, not only placing animals where they live in the world, but also providing other information such as diet, etc. The cartoons are exceptional and I'm sure kids could stare at it for ages... and probably learn something too :)

The only thing that bothers me is that it depicts rabbits as being in Australia... it's true they live here in large numbers, but they are not native. This is my favourite map from the dinos collection.
on 7 January 2009
This map is beautiful, bright and big! My 7 year old son loves it and has had it up on his wall for a year now and still, everytime we look at it we something different. He loves the humour in some of the pictures such as the leggless seabird stood on stilts and we have found out about animals that we didn't even know about. I would definately reccomment it and it appeals to all ages. We bought it in a book shop in uk and paid considerably more for it too but it was still worth it.
on 29 September 2008
My 4 year old son spends ages every day studying this map on his bedroom wall. Even my 2 year old loves to point out all the turtles.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 20 March 2010
I love this map. It's colourful, huge, interesting, and fun not only to give to kids but to look at yourself. Wrapping for Christmas, and I know my 7 year old will love this!
on 18 January 2014
This map is absolutely fabulous. It is a lot bigger than I expected it to be (although the dimensions were given!). The illustrations are wonderful and they have added little characteristics to the animals which is great fun. The detail is superb. The fact that it is laminated is a great help because I had this map framed for my son and I did not have to have a glass/plastic frontage which would add to the cost and weight. It can be wiped clean if necessary. My son loves animals and this is perfect for him and I often find him scanning the world and it is helping him with his geography.
on 3 September 2013
I was after something that is educational and which will last for years for my 3 year old nephew: this has filled the bill perfectly. There are lots of amusing animal portraits, and so far we have had fun playing, find the animal, and name the countries, as well as making up stories about different groups of animals as they appear together. Mostly we have all simply been standing in front of it just enjoying the pictures.
Brilliant.
Recommended.
on 28 April 2010
My 6 year old son absolutely loves his map, he is still studying it every day a month after getting it. It looks brilliant on his bedroom wall and the front of it is laminated which is great. It has so much detail and he loves the humour in it too. Good price, as i had seen it much dearer elsewhere. A great purchase, would highly recommend.
on 14 September 2010
I bought this map for my daughter's bed room and they both absolutely love it. They find things that facinate and make them laugh and I keep being called into their room to be shown a new discovery. Thoroughly recommended.