on 16 July 2001
This book is the best book i have read this year.
Although it has a strange title,it really does give you a warm feeling inside when you read the stories of love at the beginning of the book and i became emotionally involved in this book.
It makes you cry with happiness and sadness.It makes you realise how special life is and how you should appreciate everything in life while you can as you never know when things will change.I recommend every section in this book, love- makes you feel warm inside,attitude & self esteem- makes you feel you can do anything ,overcoming obstacles- makes you feel lucky and appreciate life as other people have it a lot worse.
I enjoyed this book so much and intend to read all in the series. If you really need a book to cheer you up and make you feel good about yourself then this is the one to get it really does open your heart and rekindle your spirit!
on 17 January 2011
I have lots of Chicken Soup books! I buy at least one per year! I had been searching for a story I had read years ago about a German shepherd who appears and watches over a family in need. I finely found it in this book: "We are not alone". This is a great book- it warms your heart- true to the Chicken Soup reputation- always uplifting! Oh-by the way... this one is not just for women! Men can have their hearts warmed too!
on 10 October 2015
A complete waste of money - it's not 'mini' it's minute.
I suckered myself because I did not realise its size.
I did want the CS for the 'woman's soul' version, though and ordered the full version within 10 minutes of receiving the 'shrunken truncated 'mini'.
on 8 August 2007
I really enjoyed this and would defy recommend it to anyone wanting a lovely soul tickler,....
Defy a book to read over and over and keep forever and ever and ever :)

Dee xx
on 28 May 2013
Nothing makes you feel happier than knowing of real people who have overcome situations to be happy. I retread this whenever I start feeling sorry for myself or when I start losing faith in the human race. Faith always restored!
on 18 November 2014
This is one of my 'stalwarts'. I have owned it in paperback form, but given it away, so now have it on my Kindle permanently. It is full of uplifting and heartwarming stories; well worth adding to your collection.
on 14 November 2015
Pick-me-ups for your down days, plus fun and thought provoking tales make for easy reading - lovely to share as a gift with all female friends. It also gets incorporated into poetry reading sessions at a care home where the stories are well received, giving rise to discussion and sometimes healthy debate. Good for everyone's soul, whatever the age.
on 4 January 1997
I was having a rough couple of weeks,during the Thanksgiving holiday and afterward.Our whole family had come down with the flu,and with two toddlers,it is very consuming to say the least.
My only outlet when I cannot leave my house,is my e-mail list of other stay-at -home moms.It is sometimes the only place we can turn to complain and cry out our daily frustrations.
I guess it was the first time that I had not been myself,and I really didn't care.I was just so tired and miserable.The house was a mess.I was a worse mess.And my husband was about to leave for a week in Japan on business.
Christmas shopping was not what I wanted to do either.December was getting bleaker by the moment.
Then one day a package came in the mail in a brown paper envelope.It was from one of my e-mail moms!She sent a note saying she was concerned about me,and that she hoped this book would help.I was so surprised by this thoughtful gesture,that I immediately sat down at my kitchen table and read the first couple of stories.
For the first time in a long while,I felt the hugs of friends,women I did not know,but shared dreams and passions and just plain living.This was a book for me to get lost in,and to find myself at the same time.
I kept it in my bathroom,and I read at least one story everytime I was in there.Sometimes a mother can only get the chance to read while she is sitting on her ceramic "throne"!

I am so grateful I was given this book of stories.They have gotten me through many a rough day during the month of December.And I feel so much better about myself now,and not nearly so alone.
on 13 February 2016
Lots of therapy in a book. Some wonderfully comforting and moving true accounts. Bought others in same series also 'Chicken soup for mothers soul... 8 year olds.... Teenagers'. Loved and read promptly.
on 23 February 2016
I was looking for a gift for my sister when I came across this book and found the perfect solution because she enjoys reading and has a very soft side when it comes to stories like this one.

She received the gift with much excitement as the Chicken Soup series is one of her favourites, and she is currently recommending it to her best friends even though she is only halfway through the book.

From stories of encouragement and perseverance, to tales of love of selflessness, this book can teach those who are willing to learn so much about life, about what it means to be not only a woman, but a human being in the 21st century.

She said the book was "a real blessing" and has reminded her of the power and wonders of womanhood.
Therefore, I highly recommend it to anyone doing a little bit of soul searching.