‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’ is a book that reminded me of my grandmother, a wonderful person with whom I grew up, loved her endlessly, which has never been sick in her whole life and until her sixties was a role model for many women much younger with her beauty, thoughts and lifestyle.

And then it seemed that as by overnight Alzheimer has taken this wonderful person, and in the short time made out of her a person who could no longer take care of herself, who did not know who the people around her were, where is she, who went out and was unable to return home - to the very next moment when she would remember everything.

The fact that in these moments of consciousness she understood what is happening to her infinitely troubled her and eventually led her to despair; she surrendered and within a few months she died, leaving all of us who loved her and enjoyed her company, infinitely sad.

My grandmother I still remember the countless times every day, wondering if we could help her and why it had to be her. The stories that you will find inside this collection are equally sad and deep as hers, although at times will bring a smile to your lips for some small joys of life through which its characters are going through.

Reading this lovely book yet I once lived my last days with my beloved grandmother, and although I found it difficult even to write this, I know that all she left behind, her life and the memories will live on and on until people who knew her are alive.

Therefore, ‘Chicken Soup for the Soul’ can be recommended to all those who have themselves experienced in their vicinity stories such as mine because it is a work that despite the grief, which can be found on its pages, celebrates the beauty of life.
on 12 May 2015
I'm organising a training session for the carers I work with to drive the point home about compassionate care. This book is wonderful and I will be using examples of some of the stories. From a personal point of view, my dad has dementia and this book has really helped me to accept that the changes we are all experiencing are a part of the process and that it's normal to feel different emotions. This book is not only a learning aid, but a great self help book for anyone trying to cope.
on 8 December 2015
So helpful and sad. MY dad has Dementia. Wish I had read this a few years ago.
on 16 November 2014
This book is Excellent and enabled me in my role of caring for my husband
on 7 October 2014
Good reading enjoy these books