This book is of a large format, and rather thin, but it really does what it says on the back cover. It is extremely well researched, with a wealth of factual details about the preparation of the Exhibition and the different landmarks on its grounds, both outdoors and indoors.
The explanations are particularly useful as they situate the exhibition in its intellectual context.
The photographic content not only focuses on the buildings of the White City, but also include pictures of foreign and state buildings.
1. From conception to opening day, 1
2. The architectural program, 7
3. The Court of Honor and its buildings, 15
4. The Buildings on the Lagoon, 53
5. North Pond; South Pond; Midway Plaisance, 75
6. From Opening to Closing Day, and Beyond, 103