- Paperback: 188 pages
- Publisher: W. W. Norton & Company; 3rd Revised edition edition (2 July 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1889323225
- ISBN-13: 978-1889323220
- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 1.3 x 17.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 86,569 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Chess Training Pocket Book: 300 Most Important Positions (Comprehensive Chess Course Series) Paperback – 2 Jul 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
About the Author
International Grandmaster Lev Alburt, three-time U.S. champion and former European champion, is one of the most sought-after chess teachers in the world. He lives in New York.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
When I first attempted the puzzles, I looked for the 'obvious' moves that seemed logical. But I soon realised that by sacrificing a queen, or other out of character move, mate or a winning position would soon follow.
You can basically have two approaches to this style of presentation:
1, Look for themes in the index and work on those,
2, Randomly flip through to a page, and, not reading the theme, think what move you would make.
Not a book for the beginner, but someone of intermediate level who feels stuck in a rut.
If you are daunted by some of the larger 'tactical volumes' then this lightweight pocket book should be ideal for you.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I use this book to teach children about tactics, it gets them to think ahead, not just one or two moves.Published on 3 Nov. 2013 by michael7-1