* Ace's popular `Chartbusters USA' series is back, after a short break, with the first of several `themed' volumes highlighting specific aspects of mid-late 60s American Popular music.
* As its name implies, "Sunshine Pop" focuses on the up-tempo, upbeat style of Hot 100 hit as exemplified by the likes of the Mamas and the Papas, the Turtles and the 5th Dimension. It'll be the perfect soundtrack to the `sizzling summer' that weather forecasters are predicting for 2009.
* Despite the fact that many of these records were hits in both the US and the UK, many of them have never been issued on UK CD before - and, in some cases, the single versions used here have never been on CD anywhere in the world before.
* Many of the contributors to "Sunshine Pop" are among the best-known names of their era and, whether they were minor successes or massive smashes, all of the tracks are staples of US Oldies radio.
* As is the case throughout this series, copious sleeve notes and a wealth of label shots and related ephemera enhance a splendid listening experience.
* Get out the sun lounger, pour yourself a Pimms, plug in your IPod and enjoy some instant sunshine courtesy of Ace.