- Also available as a standard edition.
I wasn't a fan of One Tree Hill (OTH), but my cousin introduced me to Gavin's debut single, 'I dont want to be' (as well as getting me into OTH!) and it completely blew me away. It was fantastic. He is kind of like Daniel Powter... although better, and I didnt think that was possible.
Gavin is a singer/songwriter/keyboardist/guitarist and has such amazing talent, he is really underrated, and deserves MUCH more attention and hype than he gets.
A rundown of the album:
1) Follow Through - A relaxed tune that will have you singing in no time. Very catchy and will definately find itself on 'repeat'!
2) Chariot - This is the one I've played most. From start to finish it is fantastic. The lyrics are outstanding, and you may find you can relate to some ("Your favourite fruit is chocolate covered cherries")
3) Just Friends - My personal favourite on the album. Although I'm not sure if it's based on a true story of Gavin's past or not, but it is about him trusting his girlfriend who must of claimed she wasnt cheating on him and was "Just Friends" with another guy, but now Gavin can see the truth.
4) (Nice to Meet You) Anyway - Most likely the one that will stick in your head, and I found it made me want to listen to the whole album more.
5) Slightly more "rock"-y than other tracks, but still great all the same. You'll notice yourself singing along, even if you're trying hard not to do!
6) Belief - Starts off slow and quiet but with great sound effects (listen for them) and breaks into a song that really IS music to my ears! It's amazing, I hope it's released as a single. Also, FYI, it was used on OTH too at some point, near the start of Season 1
7) Crush - Not my favourite but DEFINATELY a good listen. Took me a while to 'get into it', if you will, but I'm glad I did - a cool one.
8) I Don't Want To Be - The infamous debut single and theme from OTH. Most of you should know this one, but it is, without a doubt, what got me into Gavin. I owe a lot to this song!
9) Meaning - The start of this song blows me away, it's fantastic, and carries on greatly throughout. Warning: Catchy :)
10) More Than Anyone - A laid-back, much more meaningful one. Listen to the lyrics, they are nice, and match the tune well.
11) Over-Rated - I admit it, I ignored this song until a few days ago. Now it is my 3rd highest played Gavin song. Another amazing chorus that's sure to have you playing nothing else than Gavin!
12) Get Lost - Kinda left this one out too at the beginning, but dont let the name put you off. It actually goes 'I wanna get lost with you'. A romantic ballad that has a lot to live up to - ending this platinum album and all! And all I can say is: It's done the job well!!
To finish, I got this album for Christmas and, truthfully, there has not been a day since that I havent played it. If it wasn't for listening to it on iTunes, I'd have probably burnt the CD out. Gavin DeGraw really is a FANTASTIC MUSICAL GENIUS, and there is NOT ONE song on the album that I'd class as "skippable". HIGHLY recommended - you'll want to listen to all the songs at the same time, thats how good it is!
This product's forum
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions