on 20 January 2009
Having ordered this car charger for my Nuvi 200W I was initially dissappointed to receive a charger with a round output plug attached instead of the mini USB required by the Nuvi.

I emailed SuperGPS about the problem and got an immediate and courteous response from Paul. He apologised and explained that there had been a shippimg error with my order, and promised to immediately despatch the correct charger, which I received the following day - excellent customer service.

This car charger is robust and works perfectly, allowing me to use the Nuvi for navigation whilst charging the battery.

A similar charger ordered previously from a supplier called Decrescent Ltd. put the Nuvi into PC/Sync mode and would not allow navigation when plugged into myNuvi. My emails to Decrescent Ltd were not responded to, hence my subsequent order with SuperGPS - I wish I had gone to them in the first place!

I will certainly have no hesitation in recommending/using SuperGPS in the future.
on 4 January 2010
With this product being so cheap, I wasn't expecting it to be fantastic, but with shop versions (Halfords etc) ranging from £10-£20, I figured I didn't have a lot to lose.

As it was, I have been pleasantly surprised. It works absolutely fine. It charges while the SatNav is being used and hasn't set my dashboard on fire yet. The only slight gripe is that the charger itself sticks out quite along way from the cigarette lighter, which means my hand sometimes catches on it when I change gear, but it's not really an issue.

A product that does exactly what it's supposed to do, delivered quickly and on time and for a fantastic price. You can't really say fairer than that. Highly recommended.
11 comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2013
Not a problem with the service or delivery but the equipment will not allow the Sat Nat to operate while plugged in for charging.
Seems to charge but it needs to be disconnected to operate.
on 20 March 2011
UPDATE - I have now had this charger for 12 months and it has stopped working. I do not think it is robust enough to move from car to car/bike. It appears that the cable entering into the charger has come loose. Okay it was cheap and it is true you only get what to pay for. My problem was it stopped working when I really needed it - on a touring holiday in France. I originally gave it four stars now down to three.
I originally bought this in order to connect my sat nav to a power socket on my motor cycle. The only slight problem I had was that I had to bend the metal contacts of the unit out slightly so they could get a firm grip in the power socket and did not come loose. Once this was done I had no problems.
I then used it fitting my sat nav to a hire car. At first no problems. Half way through the holiday the metal end of the actual charging unit came loose. I can only think this happened because we were removing the charger on a regular basis. I found all the 'bits' (4 pieces) and screwed it back together. It continued to work fine. All I now do is check it every so often that the end of the charger is tight. I would only recommend as a spare charger to keep in another vehicle or motor cycle.
on 29 April 2013
When I plunged it into the car it wiped off all of my data, and would not work. It charged the sat nav. but would not let me put in directions or show any maps.
on 13 February 2014
This charger sets the Garmin Nuvi 250 into USB mode, like its being connected to a computer. If you are using your sat nav while driving and connect the charger, the navigator cannot be used anymore. Worthless for use. Now trying to find a genuine GARMIN charger..
on 27 April 2010
I was worried this would not be good because it was so cheap. it is brilliant just as good as Garmin's own
on 5 November 2010
I am disappointed with the quality. The unit died after 4 hours of use. I have checked the fuse inside the charger.. that is not the problem.

Two stars (and not one) because while the product worked, it charged my nuvi 265WT while navigating, unlike an ordinary mini USB car charger where simulteneous charging and navigation is not possible.
on 26 March 2010
does the job-handle with care,i stepped on it and it broke-but thats my fault-
I bought the product a second time as it worked fine for me.
on 11 November 2010
It did not even last one day I removed the charger from the satnav and half of it stayed in the sat nav, not even a day.