on 5 January 2012
Bought this for my Son for Christmas as he asked for it. He was so excited when he opened it. The building of it took a while and I don't really think an 8 year old would have been able to do it on their own so I did most of it. After finishing it, my Son played with it for about 15 minutes but got frustrated when bits kept falling off. I know it's made of 'lego' and is therefore not solid but you only need to brush past something and it drops off, also the conveyor belt is really not very good as nothing stops on it. On the plus side it is a very impressive looking structure when build but it is meant to be played with not just looked at. Unfortunately my Son is almost afraid to touch it now in case something breaks.
on 21 January 2012
I agree with all the bad reviews for this toy. My 8 year old got this for Christmas but we had to abandon the instructions and build our own in the end. It kept falling apart! I wrote to the company and they said no-one else had contacted them about how bad this product is. Everyone should write to them and tell them just how rubbish it is!
on 27 December 2011
Spent hours putting this together as it kept falling to pieces. Flimsy, poor fitting,it is nowhere near the quality of lego. Basically it is unplayable. I am going to have to superglue it together so that my Grandson can play with it.
on 4 January 2013
Is it suitable for ages 6 upwards - No. It took me hours to follow the complicated instructions and it was very, very tricky - for a 40 yr old!

Does it then fall apart? Yes. You can't play with this toy unless you treat it like a Dr Who version of 'Buckeroo'!

However, it does look good and is definitely a learning experience; I learnt that my 6 year old girls can cry a lot more than I ever imagined.

But I blame the Daleks.
on 1 January 2012
This is a quite complex and very flimsy construction and literally falls apart as you are trying to build it. Complex and hard to understand instructions for my 7 year old, and it took me most of the day to build. Then it fell apart! No where near as good as Lego, this is a poorly made copy that has bad build quality. The conveyor belt falls apart as you are building it and unless I have mis understood the instructions, does not appear to move properly anyway. I am considering super glueing this all together because it's quite useless otherwise. Also at least one of the Daleks does not stay completed - it keeps coming apart. Badly constructed and full of flaws. Avoid at all costs! How the BBC endorses this I don't know!
on 28 December 2011
The instructions are poor, the build quality is poor, you will spend hours trying to set this up as instructions are too confusing for a child. Any slight movement and it falls apart and the conveyor belt bit just falls off and then falls apart. Avoid at all costs unless you want to waste a whole day trying to get it together.
on 8 March 2012
As most of your reviews state this item is rubbish. I showed them to my son but he still wanted it. He now agrees. It is rubbish. He pulled it apart and say's he won't play with it again. A waste of money that could have been put towards a proper lego set, which is much better value.
on 25 September 2012
he has not put this away , took quite q while to make it , but has not stopped playing with it, thought he might break it up to try to make something else , but no , good toy ,great toy to keep kids quiet, Character Building Doctor Who Dalek Factory
on 29 December 2012
Bought this for my dad for Christmas as a joke. Only paid about 15 for it (including P&P). Having built my fair share of Lego in 90s as a kid I have to say, I'm not sure why people complain about the instructions. I glanced through the booklet, and my dad had no issue building it (although admittedly, the pieces themselves did appear to almost be randomly bagged).

The conveyor belt doesn't seem to move, or if it does it will break. However, the structure itself is quite solid. I'm not sure how it holds up compared to modern Lego stuff, but it's far better than the things I used to build out of the box (space ships, underwater places, they were all fragile despite following the instructions).

I can't say how useful it would be for a child, but for anyone looking for a display piece it's nice.
on 26 December 2011
Looks like Lego but no way near the quality. Very fragile once assembled, to the point it can't really be played with. Would not recommend for a 6 year old, or any other age for that matter. In short poor quality Lego impersonator!