Customer Discussions > Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) forum

Chapter 9 `boss Battle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Mar 2010 14:23:45 BDT
Noj Nella says:
Can anyone help me please.

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN"T GOT TO CHAPTER 9!!

I've been pretty glued to this game and it is amazing.....now i've got to boss battle chapter 9.
I have even read a few guides and tried the advice but i keep dying after the doom buff has been applied to lightning after the clock reaches zero and the boss still has 70,000 - 100,00 hp left.
I have mot avoided any battles up to this point and all characters are pretty well leveled up and not had any troubles defeating any enemies up until this point
I am using lightning, hope and fang in this battle, get rid of the four heads quick enough stagger Barthandelus fast enough but then every time i stagger him after the first he quickly casts Destructo and recovers.
I can survive his onslaught but just don't seen to have enough time after Doom is applied to defeat him.

Please someone help, I've been struck for two days and have tried to beat him about 15 times.

Posted on 1 Apr 2010 13:47:38 BDT
Chris, says:
This the one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPsb-J74L2Q&playnext_from=TL&videos=JzX9LuLNBnM&feature=sub

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2010 16:44:43 BDT
Noj Nella says:
Thanks, that makes it look easy.
I was doing the same but not applying buffs beforehand.
Didn't realise they would still be applied after a lengthy cut-scene, can't wait to give it a go later.

Posted on 2 Apr 2010 15:07:58 BDT
Noj Nella says:
Done it!
I defeated the boss on the second time of trying, thanks woody1100.
At the start of the game i'd changed the battle speed to slow to get used to the controls and forgotten about it. I thought that the buffs and status changes would also change to match the game speed, but they don't, so I was running out of time in the battle.
Zooming along now. :)

Posted on 5 Apr 2010 14:52:53 BDT
I really hated that battle too. It seems such a con that he casts doom!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  31 Mar 2010
Latest post:  5 Apr 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (195)