on 16 February 2016
Nice easy read, different take on the vampire/imoortal story. Really enjoyed some of the historical details thrown it. Have downloaded the next books to see what happens. Very similar to another vampire series but more likeable characters in Charity and Link.
A Chance for Charity has a good ole mixture of reviews - some good, some bad. Mine is on the good side. I really enjoyed it. So much so that I have just finished adding the next 3 books in the series onto my wishlist. This book is mainly a young adult paranormal but it has also had me laughing out loud at parts of it too. It is not too serious and is just an easy, fun read. There is a bit of mystery in there as Charity can't remember much about an accident that her parents had.

If you want to read about special powers, Witches, Shapeshifters, Vampires, Immortals and plain, old-fashioned crazy mortals then this is the book for you.
on 7 November 2012
I really tried with this book and I couldn't connect with the story or the characters. I felt people so determined not to get noticed for the last 100 years gave up their secrets and let their guard down too easily for me.
I got about 60% of the way through and I found myself skipping through the pages for something to happen. I might give it another go at some point as maybe it heats up later in the book.

As its a free introduction to the series it's worth checking out as it might pique your interest, it didn't mine this time unfortunately.
on 8 December 2012
Couldn't even get beyond page 4 in this one - it is tripe with bells on. Book itself if poorly produced and poor quality and the writing is desperately poor if I can't bring myself to read beyond a few pages. Dire. Tried it as it was free but my time is worth more than this.
on 13 January 2011
This is an engaging "immortals" book for young adults. I enjoyed the story and cared enough about what happened to the characters to read to the end. The setting is wonderful and really added to the reading experience.

It seems to be the first of a series but I shall not be reading more since these sort of characters do not really interest me - the fashion for vampires, for instance, I do not really understand. This book is not about vampires but they do enter the plot at the end.
on 19 May 2013
I could not put my kindle down, reading how Charity has been living two lives, being Charity when at home and then being Emily Johnston when in public. It's good when Charity's love 'Link' chose her, even for who she is. It was also exciting, to me it was unpredictable that it made me read on. (I decided not all books were predictable, when I thought there was going to be a good ending to another book). The Lord family amazed me as well, they are religious, yet they think of Charity and her family as evil, when they have done no harm to no human. But a great book.
on 13 August 2013
The book was boring and towards the end there were many scenes where I thought the book was finished but it kept dragging on and on until it finally reached an uneventful ending and leaving me very disappointed I wouldn't have minded it finishing right after the big fight but for it to carry on a long while after made me feel very annoyed as there was no reason for some parts to be included and the affection that the main character and her partner had appeared very fake and temporary.
on 8 August 2012
I was looking forward to this but unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations. The story took a while to get going and I'm not a fan of slow starts. The whole concept of Charity being an Immortal was a bit dull. There doesn't seem to be a reason for this immortality and to me it seemed like a poor attempt to create something other than a vampire, just for the sake of it.

I thought it might liven up a bit when the baddies started their hunt but it was over in seconds with no real action.

Generally it all lacked direction and I felt the whole thing was completely pointless. As you've probably already gathered, I won't be downloading the next in the series!!!
on 21 September 2012
when I read the blurb I was tempted to purchase, it was based in the genre I prefer. Enjoyed the book, modern setting and the couple are cute although not as intense as some of the novels I usually read but good light read.
on 31 March 2015
What a great mixture, paranormal activity, vampires, witches and shape shifters, absolutely loved it, will enjoy the next one. The story flowed from the start and the characters were believable and not farfetched. Nice easy read to pass away some time.