This lightning charge and data sync cable is a low cost, handy extra for Apple products including, inter alia, the iPod, iPad, iPhone 5s and 5c and iPad mini.
It connects your Apple gadget to a charging device, through a USB socket, whether that be on your laptop, USB compatible socket plug or portable charging device - Poweradd also manufacture a very good portable charger/power bank, which I review elsewhere.
The cable is approximately one metre in length, which is quite useful. It means that, in many households, you can be sat on the sofa with your iPad, and the cable is long enough to connect to the nearest wall socket and charge your device while you're using it.
You can use the lead to transfer data from your Apple product onto your smart TV, but at one metre's length, it's not long enough to reach from your sofa to the TV. One alternative is to make a wireless connection of your Apple gadget through an Apple TV streaming box, but they normally retail at £99.00, so it's a much more expensive solution than using one of these cables.
I keep one of these leads as a spare in my office at my law firm, connected to my PC tower. This is handy, because if my iPhone or iPad is running low during working hours, I can immediately link it up to my PC for a recharge.
The cable has a velcro fastener at one end, which you can use to store the cable tidily, although in my experience, people don't normally bother to roll up leads. Furthermore, the more often that you manipulate slightly thin cables, the more likely that the internal wiring will fracture and stop the lead from working, so it's probably more prudent to leave a cable like this one unrolled.
Thank you for reading this review.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
What I love particularly about this is the colour! I never thought I would say that a USB cable was gorgeous, but this is. Its beautifully constructed with a striking and expensive looking colour. I like pretty things and I love top quality products. In all areas this USB cable comes up tops! It is of course, Apple Certified. I won’t use any cables on my iPad or iPhone that are not Apple Certified. It really is best when charging expensive Apple gadgets to use only certified by Apple products.

I’ve tested this over the last few weeks and used it repeatedly with my iPad 4 with Retina, my iPhone (5s) and my Classic iPod. It works brilliantly with all 3 devices. And it looks stunning! even my hubby who is not a gadget man at all commented on how good it looks.

It feels and performs as you would expect a superbly constructed USB cable to perform. Brilliantly. I give it 10/10 in all areas I could possibly look at with this product and am so pleased I was asked to review it, as its mine now ☺ do get yourself one if you like pretty, superb construction and reliable Apple Certified products.

Another ‘best thing about this cable’ is the wonderful Aluminum shell braided-nylon fibre jacket, this is a fantastic feature of this cable. I like Aluminum - its strong, durable, dependable. This coating of Aluminum will ensure this cable has a long and sturdy life!

Its comes delightfully boxed (is ideal as a gift! who wouldn’t love this) and the cable is 3.3 feet long, which is more than enough for my needs. I’ve laid in bed using my iPad whilst it has been charging with this baby.

The design of the cord ensures you stay tangle free.

Nothing more to say other than its awesome and to date, this is MY BEST cable, I LOVE it!

NOTE: I was contacted directly and was sent this product for free. I was asked to use it fully and to write an honest, unbiased review. My being given a free item in no way influenced my review of this product.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Having been let down by poor quality products in the past I am delighted by the quality of this 1.2m long OPSO Lightning Lead. This is a lead certified by the developer as conforming to Apple's specification and you can immediately see the difference between this and the cheaper varieties out there.

Both the cable and connectors look and feel good quality with moulded strain relief where the plugs join the cable - this hopefully means the lead will last. I've experienced no difficulties with connections using this lead at all - this quality cable is a good example of the principle "you get what you pay for". Recommended.

This item was sent to me for review by the seller.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 January 2015
Product Tested: DLAND Lightning Cable For Wide Range Of Devices (Not For iPhones And iPads).

This product is a lightning charging cable that can be used for standard charging duties and for syncing with a Laptop or Desktop Computer. It has a generic charging port design which means that it can be used with a number of different devices such as Samsung's, HTCs, Motorola's, Nokia's, LG's, HP's, Sony's and Blackberrys.

Inside the packet you get X2 cables of 1m / 3.3ft length and X2 cables of 2m / 6.5ft in length. All 4 cables are made of high quality material that's fit for purpose and whilst the cable cords are made of an appealing black braided nylon fibre design the 2 connectors at each end are made of shiny silver metal. The white printed 'DLAND' and design on the opposite side go very well with the black colour and enhances its look even further.

Setup and disconnecting (X4 Cables) - The wider cable end fitted in nicely with both my 3 Pin Mains Plug, Laptop and Desktop Computer USB ports and stayed in firmly until they were disconnected. The thinner connector end on the opposite side fitted in nicely and securely with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and was removed with no physical issues.

Performance (X4 Cables) - The cables were used successfully for both charging and syncing uses and whist the charging time was the same as my original Samsung cable, their syncing and transfer of data was equally as impressive. Charging started immediately and continued with no disconnecting or overheating issues. Syncing and transfer of data to both my Laptop and Desktop Computer was successful with no reportable issues.

The USB cables performed all tasks to the required standard and I did not have anyproblems with the products during testing.

Potential uses - As you often find with all small to medium sized devices, they have a relatively short battery life when used on a daily basis and need charging on a consistent basis. It's highly likely that you previously have or will be in a situation whereby your battery has ran out and you are in desperate need of recharging. These dilemmas often occur in the following areas:

- Work
- Homes that you visit often (Close family and friends)
- Car
- Home (Misplaced charger / cable)

Given that a significant amount of people are heavily reliant on their devices, owning these 4 cables as additional accessories or as replacements is likely to prevent a reoccurrence of running out of battery life and make your life less problematic.

Verdict: Impressive USB Cable For Both Charging And Syncing.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
In this pack of DLAND USB to Micro-USB cables you get two 6.5 feet (2.0 Meters) and two 3.3 feet (1.0 Meter) cables.

What immediately marks these cables out as being innovative is the fact that the full size USB plugs will fit into your USB socket either way round - there's no need to worry about them being "the right way up". I don't understand why this has never been done before (Or I haven't been aware of it anyway) as it adds considerable convenience. I have often completed a computer installation and cursed as I've tried to insert a USB cable in a confined space under my desk only to find it's the wrong way up. The Micro-USB plugs, by the nature of their design, have to be inserted the right way up.

In other respects these leads are really well made with braid covered cables, that feature plugs with electronic protection built in and businesslike strain relief where the plug joins the cable. I tested the leads with several different devices including a Samsung Tablet and two smartphones which worked perfectly. These look and feel like high quality cables.

Now that so many products use these leads this 4 pack makes a lot of sense for many smartphones, tablets, cameras, GPS devices and more. I also like the two handy lengths of 1M and 2M that are supplied - the longer ones especially are ideal for plugging into mains USB chargers of which our home seems to get another every few weeks.

In summary, a useful pack of four quality USB to Micro-USB cables in two differing lengths which make USB connection that bit easier - a genuine innovation. Recommended.

(This pack of cables was supplied for my review).
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
If you’re anything like me, you’ll have been suspicious of the many cheap Apple compatible cables for sale on Amazon. Seems there’s a awful lot of poor quality stuff out there.

I’m glad to report this is not one of them.

It’s a standard 1 metre long, white with excellent quality USB and lightning plugs. It looks and works exactly as the Apple supplied cable. Glad to see this also is Apple certified so you shouldn’t expect any problems.

Unlike the 1 inch wide 30 pin connector, this is the new (small) “Lightning” connector which works with:-

* iPhone 5s, 5c, 5
* iPad 4th Generation and iPad Air
* iPad mini and Mini with Retina display
* iPod 5th and iPod Nano 7th generation

Personally I’ve tested it out without problems on my iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPhone 5S, and all worked flawlessly.

I’m also reassured to see this comes with a lifetime warranty, so if (like my Apple supplied cable) it does break after a few months, you should be able to get a free replacement.

Disclosure: I was kindly provided this by the manufacturer to give an independent and unbiased review. Pleased to report it works well.

Highly Recommended.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 April 2015
I had been reading the reviews of some of these wires to find a cheap on that actually syncs to the computer.
It came today and was delighted to find it did what i needed it to and was meant to.
My old charger wire was bent at the phones connection end and hasn't been charging properly or syncing properly so i so glad this one works fine.
I did find the pop up asking if you want to import doesn't happen with this wire i had to press on the pictures screen and import etc came on the screen at the bottom.
And a bonus of a longer wire, the shorter wire was the reason it got bend where it did. It simply wasn't long enough.
on 16 January 2015
First of all, please excuse my english. I'm a german customer. Sorry!

After the first use of this cable I'm still surprised in a positive way.
Four micro-USB charge & sync cable into a pack initially does not sound very exciting.

Everyone knows the problem with the unilateral direction of insertion of USB connections for years, a surprise this cable offer the ability to plug in the USB-A plug in both directions.
So you are no longer on the old rule "holes up" or "USB icon at the top". You can plug it into any socket.
This technique is called Easy USB and should really only be implemented with the next-USB connector type C.

Whether this reflects the current USB Standard USB-A connectors I can not say.
Important to me, it works!
My charging and data synchronization operations with my Note 3, an S5, a Tab S 10.5 and a Power Bank were all hassle free and absolutely normal.

In addition, the cable settle by their material too from the usual suspects. The very high-quality looking nylon coating used ensures high twisting and buckling at the same time still good flexibility.
The plug housing are high quality. Nothing wobbles ...

In the bag by the way are two cables with one and two meters in length.

So I can highly recommend these cables.
The double-sided plug-in direction is a real innovation, the quality is above average and the price is right yet.

I hope this review was able to assist you with your purchase decision ...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This pack of 4 Micro USB cables are truly as good as it gets (as far as USB cables are concerned)

The pack contains:

2 x 1m Braided Micro USB Cables
2 x 2m Braided Micro USB Cables

There are a few things that I really like about these cables; firstly the USB sockets are reversible and can be inserted into a USB port either way around, I’ve never seen this before, it’s so simple but yet such a good idea, no need to worry about which way around your inserting them!

Secondly they have a great quality feel. The braided cables don’t get tangled and are very robust, as well as looking good too.

Finally, and just a small thing, but I find the cable lengths particularly useful, especially the 2m cables, they’re perfect for charging things on my bedside, giving enough length so you can still use your phone, tablet, Kindle etc. in bed.

I really can’t think of any criticisms whatsoever, if you’re looking for some Micro USB cables these really are a great option.

I was kindly provided a sample by the manufacturer for review; the opinions expressed here are entirely my own view of the product.
review image review image review image review image
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I was sent these cables for review by the manufacturer and I am impressed. They are well made, smart and very convenient.

This is a pack of four micro-USB cables; two are 1m long and two are 2 metres long. They are covered in black woven fabric which looks very good and seems of good quality. It helps to stop the cables tangling and should be very durable, I think. The plugs are neat with a simple logo on one side and the cable anchoring in the plugs is very solid. These look like cables which are built to last.

In use, they work well. The USB plugs can be plugged in either way up, which is an added convenience because it avoids a little fiddling about. Other than that, there's not much to say about a USB data cable, other than that it does the job well and without fuss. I have tried these cables on several of my devices and they work fine. (Note that they are standard micro-USB cables and won't fit an iPhone or iPad.)

In short, these are good quality, durable micro-USB cables at a good price and they should do you very nicely.