In This Book You’ll Learn How To:
- Recognize the different types and forms of computer memory
- Identify different computer cables and connectors
- Troubleshoot IRQ conflicts and other computer resource problems
- Identify and troubleshoot common computer motherboard components
- Install core PC components, such as motherboards, processors, and memory
- Install and maintain multiple computer peripherals
- Identify network architectures and topologies
- Troubleshoot operating system problems
- Describe the core functions of Windows NT/2000/XP and Windows 9x operating systems
- Discover effective DOS commands excellent for troubleshooting
- Use the DOS operating system or command lines when your GUI is unavailable
- Recover from system startup failures
- Use and troubleshoot Windows Networking
- Effectively prepare yourself for exam day
CD Features Practice Exams!
Ready to test your skills? Want to find out if you’re ready for test day? Use the practice tests supplied on this CD to help prepare you for the big day. Test yourself, and then check your answers. Coupled with the in-depth material in the book, this is the ultimate one-two A+ study preparation package!
Charles J. Brooks is currently co-owner and vice president of Educational Technologies Group Inc., as well as co-owner of eITPrep LLP, an online training company. He is in charge of research and product development at both organizations. A former electronics instructor and technical writer with the National Education Corporation, Charles taught and wrote on post-secondary EET curriculum, including introductory electronics, transistor theory, linear integrated circuits, basic digital theory, industrial electronics, microprocessors, and computer peripherals. Charles has authored several books, including the first five editions of A+ Certification Training Guide, The Complete Introductory Computer Course, and IBM PC Peripheral Troubleshooting and Repair. He also writes about networking, residential technology integration, and convergence.