Formerly part of the legendary 'Travellers' Bible', this new edition of Footprint's guide to Central America has been extensively researched and updated. Taking you along the Ruta Maya, through beautiful colonial cities and sleepy villages, to deserted beaches and lush rainforests, it provides recommendations for all budgets on where to eat, sleep and sample tequila, as well as the low-down on the region's best fiestas and adventure activities.
* Extensive listings for all budgets
* Includes information on how to get there and how to get around plus carefully planned itineraries to help you have the best possible experience whether you're travelling for a week or a month
* The heart of the guide is divided by country and region, giving comprehensive information on Guatemala, Belize, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama
* Also covers Yucatan Peninsula and Chiapas
* Each country and region has an overview map which includes 'Don't miss' destinations, local information on how to get around and detailed street maps where relevant
* Detailed listings on where to sleep, eat and play are provided for every destination within each country, enabling you to have an even better travel experience
* Includes key Spanish words and phrases helping you get the most out of your trip
With activities galore, ruins aplenty, year round sunshine and amazing food and drink there is something for everyone and Footprint's Handbook will help you see and experience the real Central America.