Size: Pack Of 1|Change

on 2 March 2013
If you are a cat owner you know that you take a risk whenever you buy something for your cat. While some cats may love it some will just hate it or simply ignore it like mine did. We did try various things, catnip, Marmite, etc but, no, it did not work. I guess my cat is no keen on plastic, as he would go for any other material.

The funny thing is that he loved the Amazon box the toy came in. He started playing with it as soon as it arrived and still now, after a month, we have not been able to throw it away as he has decided to make it his bed, not that he did not have places to sleep before!

So, well, yes, a very expensive card box we bought from Amazon. I hope the cats from the shelter (where we donated the toy) appreciated it more than my cat.
review image
22 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2011
At last! A toy that my cat wants to play with. As you will see he is a big cat, most little toys leave him bored in minutes. As a cat who can never get enough of having his chin scratched this is purrfect.
22 comments|177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 June 2013
My cat has cut her tongue on the spiked surface and has had to be treated b a vet for an infected wound. Not happy and it has cost a lot in vet's bills.
on 13 December 2014
Both my cats started to play with this product as soon as it was assembled. The green piece in the center which is designed for their teeth and gums has splintered after less than 5 minutes use. As soon as I saw that it had splintered and they were able to chew the plastic off, I took it off them. Thats when I noticed the blood. I immediately checked both my cats who had no obvious damage to their teeth or gums, but this product is now either going in the bin, or being returned for a refund. Do not buy this dangerous product for your cats.
on 13 February 2013
This seemed like such a great idea. My one cat loves rubbing his chin on things, nuzzling and chewing, so I thought this would be a win except there were two main problems.

The green plastic gum stimulator on the top - our cat when straight for it rubbing his face over it and chewing. Great we thought, only when he pulled back after less than two minutes play, there was blood all over the green bit and lots of sharp jagged pieces of plastic where he had bit in. If he'd been playing with it for awhile, I might not feel so annoyed, but it was less than a couple of minutes. I filed them back, but the next time he played with it, same thing in the same time. And now I'm too worried to leave it down when we are out.

The other problem, it's too light. When our second cat tried to play with it, it was on its side repeatedly.

Would not recommend this.
44 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 August 2011
I got one of these for my cat, along with the speed circuit and the play circuit. Initially he was more interested in the massage centre than the circuits. He rubbed around it without the catnip being added to it, although he did have to be shown what to do. When I did add catnip he happily rolled around on the floor with it for a good while.

They say that cats are supposed to use it to stimulate their gums which is good for their teeth, that seems to be true, my cat does like rubbing his teeth around it. The bright green centre part has a tray underneath it for filling with catnip. I have found that over time, with my cat trying to get the catnip out of the tray, he has chewed off half the bright green centre bit of plastic, so it became very sharp. I was worried he could hurt his mouth on it, so have since filed it flat again, but there isn't much of it left and it has no texture on it any more. I think I will have to remove it completely soon if that is possible, the plastic it sits in is very solid and I think it might break when I try to pull it out.

The rubber mat that is around the massage centre seems to get used as a scratching post. It is holding up surprisingly well, it has not torn yet and save the sofa a little! The wavy bits of white plastic and the green spikes get occasional use.

I would rate it higher because the cat likes it, but I think the centre piece becoming sharp and dangerous is too much of a design flaw.
on 2 July 2011
I wasn't sure about this at first and my cat didn't bother with it bt after a wk or two she nw plays with the circuit ( after I removed blue top pieces ) and she lies on and rubs herslf on the massage centre.
This cat massage centre was an instant hit with our cats. We are using this as a stand-alone product, but it can also be combined with the play circuit to make a more interesting interactive toy (although our experience with the `Catit Senses' play circuit was disappointing and we have packed that away now).

The massage centre comes in pieces that are easily assembled to provide areas for your cat to groom, including a gum stimulator, which seems to be their favourite part (possibly because it has the added attractant of being filled with catnip). It certainly seems to satisfy their requirements to periodically stimulate their gums, choosing to use this instead of their usual shrub in the garden.

It is worth considering if your cat likes catnip as I'm not sure our cats would have known what to do with it if the catnip hadn't attracted them to take a look and explore independently.
77 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2012
Brilliant product, I have two cats which play with this on and off all day. They love the gum stimulator.
on 1 January 2015
I bought this item in sale, but still wasted my money. My cat was interested initially but as other reviewers warned, he chewed the green top of the toy and it became razor sharp... I completely removed the top part now and without catnip my cat doesn't even look at it anymore. I wish I had read the reviews before buying this product. Not good and potentially very dangerous for your cat. Be aware.

See one answered question