This is a good looking watch, but doesn't lack on functionality. In my opinion it has everything you could ever want for those who aren't running up mountains or diving in the Atlantic shelf everyday, i.e. the vast majority of us.
- Solar powered and radio controlled.
- Analogue hands, with digital dials which display the date, seconds, and day.
- No set up, bar confirming your time zone (which came as London as default), and turning on Daylight Savings Time.
Little points to consider before buying:
- The style of the watch is very stealth-like, so if you someone who wants an abundantly clear white faced watch with black hands, this is not for you. The face is quite dark, and the led light is the most powerful, but perfectly adequate for myself. Also, the number markers aren't glow in the dark - just the hands.
- The dials are small, so if you're eyesight is poor it's probably best to avoid. However I feel it's a fair forfeit considering it's stylish design and amazing functionality.
All in all, I'm very impressed - especially for the price.
P.S. Have only had for a few days, so cannot comment on longevity but come-on... it's G-Shock. If anything's going to last it'll be this!