4.5 out of 5 stars3,046
Colour Name: Orange|Change

on 8 February 2012
As far a watch for work and activities goes, there is no superior to the Casio F-91W. It's virtually invincible. I'm in the UK forces and I, with countless others wear this watch as it's so reliable and does everything you could want. I've swam with it, dived with it, gone neck deep in mud with it, been in below freezing temperatures for days, got oil on it, scrambled on rocks, covered in grit, in salt water for prolonged periods and yet it still goes on!! The battery life is amazing as well. All my friends agree this is the watch to have. Others have had supposed 'rugged' watches which have broken in half the time. Sure, have a fancy watch for events and going out but this watch cannot be bettered for the working day. the only reason I'm on here buying another is because I lost it after years of it putting up with me. In the 1 in million chance that it does break (or more likely, you lose it) it's only £8.00 to replace. It's unbelievably good. The only thing that could be better is if you could keep the backlight on whilst changing the alarm time, which is a little annoying trying to set an alarm in the pitch black (but I just learnt the sequence of beeps after a while!).
33 comments|261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 June 2009
Cars break down, phones malfunction, computers get infected
but the F 91 soldiers on.

Cheap and ubiquitous. Everybody seems to have owned one.
Its "beep beep" woke thousands this morning.
It measured and guided their days all long.

It has a stopwatch, a light, an alarm:
This is what I need
and all I need from a digital watch.

In moderate climes the battery will last for seven years
(based on an alarm and one seconds' worth of light use per day).

I wish my life was so efficient and so certain.
I wish I was so dependable.
1818 comments|712 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I am a big watch lover. Over the years, I've been lucky enough to collect a handful of beautiful swiss-made timepieces. I've now started to buy and review some of the most popular, most affordable (under £20) watches on Amazon.

I'd like to share with you my personal thoughts on the 'Casio F-91W Digital Watch with Resin Strap'.

DELIVERY
Excellent. The watch was delivered very fast via Amazon Prime.

PACKAGING
OK. The box arrived a bit squashed. Nothing too dramatic, but worth noting. The content was in perfect condition.

CONTENT
The following items were included in the box: the watch on a stand (well-wrapped in plastic).

DESIGN
If, just like me, you are used to substantial watches, you will find the watch very very light and thin. The case measures roughly 1.2 inches / 3 centimers, and you will find three actionable buttons (2 on the left, 1 on the right handside). It's rather small, so I wouldn't recommend it for people with larger wrists.

The strap is made of plastic: it's both very thin and surprisingly comfortable, even after a long day.

Once again, Casio demonstrates how experienced the company is to produce high volumes of very well-made, well-priced entry-level watches.

FEATURES
- time with 24h display option
- date (just the day of the month and week)
- daily alarm
- stop watch
- back light (no timer here, you will have to keep the top left button pressed to trigger it)
- water resistance (even if Casio doesn't advertise it, in my tests the watch was able to function even being under water for 10mn)
- long battery life (Casio announces 7-year, I can't vouch for that)

CONCLUSION
This is an excellent buy for anyone with fairly small wrists looking for a well-buit, durable watch with the most basic/useful features one might expect from their watch. It won't become my daily driver while at work, but I will certainly consider wearing it on vacation and at the weekend.

TIP
- keep a close look on the pricing which can vary quite a bit: I bought this Casio watch for £8.25 (on Amazon Prime), today it's available for only £6.89
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 6 May 2011
Fantastic, nice sized, good priced, great looking watch and very practical too, simple yet with a lot of the features that more expensive watches sometimes miss out. Love the colour, very bright and light, though the original photo shows the watch as being a much duller green than it actually is, and so I've posted some of my own photos much closer to the actual colour - be sure to take a look :-)
The wrist strap is comfortable and unlike fabric or leather wrist straps I don't need to worry about it being weakened when it gets wet, it's a good size and weight for me, it doesn't get in the way, it's not a bulky watch, but I also feel it's very well made. It's not a watch for every occasion or every person, it's a well priced, bright, colourful and casual watch that does it's job superbly - telling time and date, lighting up, being water resistant, stop watch, the option of an hourly time signal, and a (singular) simple alarm, no snooze button but very useful none the less.

Thumbs up from me :-D
review image review image review image
22 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2012
I work as an activity instructor in the outdoor industry and these watches are as good as uniform. I once asked why everybody had one. The answer: They are incredibly cheap, waterproof and they do everything you might need. I've only had mine 6 months but it's taken some abuse and has a deep scratch on plastic housing to prove it. The screen though is still perfect which amazes me.

I bought this because it had a stop watch and to stop me damaging my other watch but this is so comfortable and light to wear I only use this one! Part of me wants it to die so I can replace it with one in orange or green. If I'd known it was going to last so well I would have done so from the start.

I've not been diving in this watch but I've been swimming in a lake, been out in some pretty nasty downpours and it's been in the shower everyday. No problem..not even with using buttons.

I don't use the alarm at all. I have a clock to do that but should I need a reminder I would use it..not sure I would trust it to wake me up in the mornings. The stop watch runs for an hour on a loop. If like me, you use the stop watch a lot you are unlikely to get the 7 years out of the battery because the reset button and light are the same and the 7 year life is based on 1 sec light usage per day.

If you want a functional watch that can take as much as you can throw at it go for one of these. If you break it you can always grab another because it's so cheap!
on 7 January 2008
I've been buying Casio F91's for about 15 years. It's the classic 'cheap Casio digital watch' and does exactly what it says on the tin. Makes me laugh that it has acquired 'iconic' or 'retro design' status - goes to show that if you keep something long enough it comes back into fashion! Word of warning though - maybe I'm a bit rough with my F91's, but I usually find the strap breaks after about 3 years of use, so sadly (for me at least) this watch comes with free built-in obsolescence!
2020 comments|151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2012
First impression was, watch quite small almost like womans watch, but the actual watch is light , the numbers are quite small also, it keeps good time, another down side is the light is not strong enough to see numbers in dark, but for value I would rate this purchase 6/10
on 17 April 2013
Love it. Beautiful 80s retro "Star Wars" colour. Looks like the watch that Han Solo almost certainly would have chosen when in Hoth Battle Gear at the start of The Empire Strikes Back. And I reckon it might well have survived the bitter weather conditions and tough battle action. Proper genuine Casio, quality.
on 30 April 2007
Talk about style... this timepiece has it all. My parents gave me my first F91 as a schoolboy but I never fully appreciated its unique blend of under-rated retro style and charming character. My timepiece acquired legendary iconic status amongst my schoolfriends after surviving multiple attempts to destroy it.

During one notable double chemistry lesson we managed to take off the screen using pencil-sharpener blades, we then stabbed the display with our compasses before setting the watch on fire over a bunsen burner.

To my amazement the F91 continued to function as normal.

I now consider my F91 or Freddie as he likes to be known, to be my best friend.
44 comments|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2013
What can I say about the Casio F-91W that hasn't been said already in over 600 reviews? Nothing more. These reviews prove that Casio make one of the most popular watches in the world. Why is this? Is it the iconic retro design or just because it is affordable? Whatever it is they sell them by the bucket load, and Casio could probably survive on sales of these alone. No other watch seems as popular as the F-91W.

For many years it remains unchanged, why change something that is so popular? Casio certainly got this right and that is what makes this watch so cool, unique, unchanged and instantly recognisable. When people find something they like they want to keep it, which is why so many people keep on buying the F-91W - a bit like always buying your favourite brand of biscuits.

We all know the F-91W is accurate, comfortable, dependable and astonishing value. When I wear mine there is something more, I feel complete. I always look at it and it's like having an old friend with you, all the time on your wrist. Other people wear huge expensive designer watches, I too own other watches that are more expensive, given to me as presents. But the F-91W is the only watch I have ever bought - and it is the one I always wear. When I see other people with an F-91W, I find that it makes me feel as if we are part of a select club of people. Those who know better than to waste money on expensive watches.

So how can such an inexpensive watch be so cool? I don't feel the same way about other cheap watches. Quite simply it is because the Casio F-91W has earned its status. Something that only comes with time and the millions of people who wear them. Well done Casio, and thank you for the best watch ever.