on 11 July 2012
I bought this watch for myself after having done a lot of reading and comparing of models from Casio and other manufacturers. As this is my first watch purchase since 2006 (A Festina Chonograph which was really nice and super accurate but now in need of some TLC 15+ years on); I took my time to try and make as good a decision as before.
The Casio Edifice EQW-M600DB-1AER might not have the snappiest of model names, but as a watch ths has everything you need and more. Technically it has the following great features:
- Solar power, so will never need a new battery (though the rechargable battery might need replacing in many years time) - this is also of benefit that because you don't have to open the back to change the battery every couple of years, you don't damage the seals at the same time as often happens rendering a watch no longer waterproof.
- Radio Controlled Time - means accurate to the split second, and automaticallc calibrated every night.
- Automatic calendar until 2099 - which avoids the need to manually adjust the date every time there are less than 31 days in a month (and saving more wear on waterproof seals).
- The Neobright luminous display really does last very well and is good and bright for a long time in the dark making it actually useful.
- World time functions are easy to use, and two (main and secondary) timezones can be shown at once.
- The stopwatch, countdown timer and alarm might be useful from time to time. The stopwatch is only accurate to 1/20th of a second vs some others in the range which claim 1/1000 th second accuracy... however are you and your reactions / fingers accurate to 1/1000th of a second? 1/20th is plenty good enough for me!
If you look at the Casio Edifice range - this watch has more features than pretty much any others - certainly of the ones that count.
I read the reviews of some of the other Edifice watches and they reported that some of them were hard to use / set. I'm happy to be able to report that after a quick read of the manual and quick start guide everything worked first time and now understood. If you can program your DVR, you'll be fine with this watch.
- Some of the 'advertised' models looked a little flashy and confusing on the display - this model has everything you need, and is easy to read and use (the display is clear and intuitive).
- The look works well in a professional office environment as well as the home.
- The watch has a good size and weight - comfortable to wear and looks to be made to last.
This watch will probably not sell as well as the advertised models, but the select few that buy this watch on its own merits rather than due to media influence will glad they did.
on 26 December 2012
Very good watch.
Has every function one could want in a watch, and the dial is not so busy looking. I think that it's why i bought them.
Although i had a concern that the radio reception feature would not work in my country (Estionia), it works perfectly.
on 27 June 2014
Great watch with superb solar and radio functions, and the best watch I've found at this price point with both. Was very impressed on opening the box as it "woke up" and automatically set the correct time. The quickstart guide wasn't a lot of use, but a quick read of the main instruction book soon explained the various operations. Looks good and has a nice weight, and it's reasonably easy to adjust the bracelet (with separate toolkit).
Only minor criticism is that it can be difficult to read some of inner dials (e.g. seeing which mode watch is in) when the watch hands are in certain positions. But this is probably true for many chronograph watches. Overall, very pleased with the purchase and highly recommend.
A quick note on delivery - although I purchased from Amazon UK and selected expedited delivery, the watch was shipped from Germany (via UPS) and took about a week to arrive. So don't expect next day delivery!
on 30 March 2014
Watches are really good. Have a very nice look on the hand. From the beginning I found it difficult to set up watches because of the arrows. I'm so used to numbers on electronic watches, but these ones look a lot better. When you set up your watches for the first time make sure arrows are not offset, they may reqire recalibration. The manual contains info about calibration. Because if you start setting up watches from the beginning, arrows may go to wrong positions, not where they supposed to go. As for charging daylight is the best. Room lightning won't be sufficient. Once your watch is set you forget about adjusting time. Radiowave function makes sure you are on time, always!)))
on 28 May 2014
I bought tis watch for my sons birthday,as I have had a similar one now for about 5 years it as has given excellent service throughout this time .the first watch arrived well on time I checked it prior to wrapping it up,but found that I could not set this particular watch to the correct city ..London time ..so sent it back to amazon who exchanged it without a quibble ..no problem at all the second watch arrived by first-class post paid for by amazon ..and happy to to say everything on the watch is working great ....so my son tells me !.
many thanks Amazon !
on 21 November 2013
Got the watch and after the degree course in operating it , it is working well but I can't hear the alarm sound. Is it very high pitched or is it just non-functional.
Everything else works brilliantly - easy to see in the dark - very solid feel and superb timekeeping.
All the functions you could possibly need but it won't wake you up in the morning!!