on 25 February 2014
This is a cheap watch make no mistake. It looks a little cheap and feels cheap. It is very light - no way is the case stainless steel except for the back. The bit holding the strap pins is plastic/resin not metal. The "crystal" may be glass or plastic - hard to tell - it's supposed to be mineral glass whatever that means, but I don't expect it to be scratchproof based on other reviews and my previous experience with Casio watches.

So why 4 stars? Because it's very comfortable to wear, the black face version is very easy to read, it has many functions, it has 10 year battery life (none of my previous watches has lasted anywhere near 10 years before going wrong, so I've decided it's not worth paying more for a solar powered watch), I expect it to be accurate and reliable and because it was cheap I can wear it all the time without worrying about it. It also looks alright if you don't look too closely.

It has some operational quirks - you have to set the digital time, the analogue time and the world time independently of each other. It has no second hand (which I actually like), but of course you can see seconds on the digital display if you want.

It has a perpetual calendar (that's the main reason I bought an ana-digi watch), and a usable light. It also has various alarms, timers, stopwatches, world time function etc. which I'll probably never use.

If it lasts 10 years it'll be a miracle, but if it goes for 3 or 4 it's a bargain anyway.
on 29 September 2012
A good looking watch at a bargain price (£20 inc delivery.) I've previously paid more for a Casio digital/analogue watch with a different style face but the same innards and instructions (see the reference 2747 on the description for this and similar Casios.) The glass (or rather plastic) of the face got scratched and it proved impossible to get it replaced for less than the cost of this new watch.

Other users have criticised those watches for being difficult when it comes to changing the hands - eg going on holiday or at the start/end of British Summertime. They're right: it's a pain. (Casio do a radio-controlled model that does it for you but that costs several times more.) Download the instructions from the Casio website (a couple of sheets of A4 rather than the piddling little but fat manual that comes with the watch) and store them electronically or print the page out to take with you. Other criticisms are that some of the 'metal' casing is painted plastic (true) and that the alarm isn't loud enough to wake you (also true - unless it's on the bedside table close to your ear.)

Set against this is rugged reliability (if my previous watch was anything to go by), excellent battery life even if you use the timer/alarm a lot, and half decent understated looks with no "got it out of a Christmas cracker" glitz. And in my case the painted plastic of the 'metal' bezel resisted rubbing off for 5 years.

Overall it does the business at a reasonable price, so you can wear it every day without ever having to be precious or worry about it.
on 22 June 2013
I'd spent quite a while trying to find a reasonably stylish combi watch with good digital features and a clear face where I could see the time at a glance without my glasses by night and by day.

This watch ticked all of the boxes and gave me a useful TeleMemo feature as well.