Size: one sizeColour: GoldChange

on 20 August 2007
Depite its comparatively cheap price this is probably the most accurate watch I have ever owned. The only time I have to set the hands is at the beginning and end of Summer time. I check it with a Radio controlled clock and it is virtually as accurate.
0Comment33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2010
Ok Ok Ok yes it has its drawbacks and its a bit "old hat" but you have to give this watch a Five star for two simple reasons. Number one is that it was first designed and manufactured in the mid seventies. Thats over 35 years ago and not long after the digital watch was invented. This watch for the time was a major leap forward in watch design. So you can forgive it for pulling a couple of hairs, its a steel bracelet for under 30 quid. Second and most importantly it looks Awesome. This is an iconic design from an iconic era. Whether or not you have a large wrist or small the watch will stand out as a brilliant masterpiece.If you DO like this watch search for 'casio combi' There are a few different metal and face types.
22 comments21 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2009
I've had one of these for years and it's an old friend. It has lost the Gold colour off it but as I suppose it's been my only watch and I've worn it every day for over tens years that's not surpising. I've bought another one as it's not very smart when I'm going out. Also bought the silver one for work.
As for the daft punters that spend 100s or even 1000s on a watch, join me and have a laugh at the prats. I keep my money for the more important thngs in life.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 11 September 2011
This casio analogue/digital display watch has been around for ages. It's been widely available, unchanged in appearance, for at least 15 years, during which time I've bought several of them. None of them have failed me. Timekeeping is accurate to 1minute/year, battery life 3years minimum.

I currently have two of these watches, each of which serve different purposes.

The first is as an everyday timekeeper taken into some challenging environments (not underwater, although the spec states that it is resistant to 100m) which involve heavy knocks, including some to the face without too much complaint, and the digital stopwatch (small LCD display at the bottom) is extremely useful.

The second use is simply as a very attractive, slim and subtle low cost wristwatch for all occasions, the gold finish is extremely high quality, and the general style and appearance makes this a watch that can be used for smart times.
on 17 August 2011
I bought this for me,but i really should have taken measurements as when it came it was too small for me anyway,would be ok for a man who has thin arms and hands,so my wife uses it at times and it does look good and an expensive watch,the bracelet is a gem as you simply adjust the fastener,no knocking pins out.The date is very easy to read too,so if you are thinking about buying do,but not for big hands,wrists like me.
on 14 September 2010
I purchased this item on a friday evening and it came to my door on Monday morning, wasn't expecting it till the next friday..!! Absolutely love it, just started wearing watches and thought this was gorgeous and soooo cheap..!! It is a mans watch but im a girl and i bought it..!! It looks great, and is a great accessory to wear along with other gold jewellery on a night out, its readjustable strap makes it perfect aswell for a girl..!! the face does appear less gold and more cream though at a glance but on closer inspection it is a gold face..!! Love it...!!
on 11 December 2011
This is a great watch! I was looking for ages to find a squarish watch that looks similar to the 18k Santos de Cartier gold watch but obviously at a reasonable price. This Casio watch was the ONE!
Its light to wear, easy to manage and has great extras such as an alarm and stopwatch. But the BEST thing of all is that you (yes YOU) can actually adjust the size of the watch to fit you perfectly. Dont be fooled to pay money to have it shorten etc as the link can not be taken out anyway. the only thing that you have to do is lift the safety clip at the back and adjust it at the right size. For best results if you cant trust yourself to do it, go to Debenhams at the watch repair section where they can do this for free for this watch!I did, and even though they usually charge £8 to adjust or remove links,the gentelman advised me that such watches are free to adjust as its so easy.
on 12 January 2008
I`ve always had Casio watches. This is my second watch, and is very accurate cheap and reliable
11 comment18 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 January 2011
This watch is not too big or too small, just the right size.

I like this watch because it is quite tacky, but in a good way.

I hope this watch will last me a long time.
review image
on 12 June 2013
the gold design is wearing off just 4 days of purchasing this item .... Highly disappointed & a complete waste of money :(