- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 6.1 x 1.3 cm ; 14 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 18 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Item model number: CM022627
- ASIN: B008U6Q3DE
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 12 Sept. 2012
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,941 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Case Mate Tough Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Black
|Price:||£24.37 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Combines a hard exterior with soft interior for the ultimate protection
- Provides excellent impact resistance
- Part of Case-Mate’s Play Hard range
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: Apple iPhone 5/5s | Style Name: Tough Black
Case-Mate’s ever popular Tough case has been reinvented and there is now a new edition to the rugged collection. With the Case-Mate Tough case, your precious phone can be protected at the same time as adding a splash of vibrant colour to your day. The latest Tough case has a two-piece design that combines hard exterior with a soft interior for the ultimate impact resistance.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The Case Mate comes in two parts, the first is a rubber bumper that fits snugly (no pun intended) around the edges of the phone. There are protective 'bumps' for the power button at the top of the phone and the volume controls, and you don't require any extra force to operate those buttons with the bumper on. There are openings for the silent switch, audio jack and lightening power cable, and an opening on the rear of the case for the camera. Once you've put the bumper on, the phone+bumper slot neatly into a hard protective case, which provides solid protection to the rear and the sides of the phone. The case+bumper combo means that there is a small raised ridge around the front of the phone, which will come in handy in protecting the screen when placed face-down on a surface. It takes less than two minutes to take the case out of the box and set up on your phone.
I disagree with the reviewer who has said this case adds too much bulk and weight to the phone - most decent cases will add some bulk and a little weight. In this instance, I would say the bulk/weight issue is minimal and are far out-weighed by the protection the case offers. We're talking a few grams of extra weight and an extra couple of mm of "bulk".Read more ›
It is a strong case. The rim at the front sticks out above the screen to offer protection there, but not uncomfortably.
It is a fairly stiff case. Pretty good coverage at the bottom too, where the ports are (something I often find missing on other cases). The buttons work well and it looks smart. I find it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone either.
The case has pronounced lipped edges to the face as had the previous case for the 4S so as to provide protection to the face if the iPhone is laid face down. Down to personal choice if you like this or not. I like it for, even if you add a screen protector as I do, you want to avoid scratching of the protector or worse. If you want the thinnest possible case/ phone combo, this might not however be your first choice.
UPDATE- Having had the opportunity to test other iPhone 5 cases that have now become available, if you want a minimum thickness case , the excellent Terrapin iPhone 5 TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover (Solid Black) offers similar protection to the Casemate but smaller lipped edges and the latest Incipio Incipio Feather Case for iPhone 5 - Obsidian Black offers the smallest, almost non existent , lipped edges. Be warned however that the Incipio case, at least with early models, suffered from premature wear.
Worth noting that the iPhone 5 has already received some comments re susceptibility for scratching of the finish to the aluminium back and sides. This Casemate case protects these vulnerable areas whilst still keeping overall bulk and weight within reasonable limits. The case's finish has a quality soft touch feel and is pleasing to hold.
Highly recommend if you like the pronounced lipped edges...add a screen protector and your iPhone is well protected against light impact/normal use.
I always feel that covering a stylish phone with a case is a sacrifice in the name of increased durability. Not in this case (pun not intended)! This case does the phone justice!
A couple of negatives that were deal breakers for me:
1) I didn't like the cutout for the Apple logo and was curious as to why they added it, I think I know why which leads me on to ...
2) Due to the curved edges of the iPhone 6 the edges of the case also have to curve around the phone to sufficiently secure the case. However this makes it incredibly hard to remove the phone as there is not a lot of flex in the case itself. The cutout on the back appears to be there so that you can push the back of the phone whilst trying to bend the edges of the case with your other hand to try and get it out! This also resulted in the volume and power buttons of the phone getting a serious mashing at the same time as the edges of the case rakes over them.
At the end of the day I felt that this would ultimately damage the edges of the phone, or the buttons. In fact you may even wish bending the phone by accident. If however you plan to keep the case on long term and never remove it then its very sturdy and light.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very strong sturdy case. Has protected my phone on many occassions. It has a rubbery inner case as well as a hard shell to protect the outer.Published 10 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Love it! I've had lots of compliments on it. I owned a stupid amount of phone covers with my last phone as I used to switch all the time, since I got this cover for my current... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Mr. R. Evans
Excellent case but its so slippy in your hand, ive dropped phone twice on the bus now so have taken it off. Also the magnetic charger is covered...Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Arrived cracked on one side. Quite flimsy and brittle. Not sure how much protection this would offer as it doesn't cover the top and bottom of the phone completely.Published 5 days ago by Mr. M. Levine