Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 January 2005
If you are planning to buy or have a guinea pig then this book is a must. Covering all areas such as feeding and hygeine it is an essential guide to get you started. Thoroughly recommended and easy to understand.
on 2 February 2008
This book is a MUST buy BEFORE you actually aquire your guinea pig. It gives you ALL the info you need to check out the health of the animal before you buy, different breeds & how to..... excellent all round information, i'd highly recommend purchasing.
on 18 April 2014
My daughter wanted guinea pigs so i brought this book for her to read so she knew what she was getting herself into. I was very impressed with all the details from husbandry of the guineapigs to medical issues and care. Perfect book for beginers.
on 2 November 2010
I found this book a really useful guide. Very simple but covered everything you need to know.
on 11 May 2014
Great little book to get you started when choosing a guinea pig for a pet. I bought this recently to show the children I nanny for how to care for their guinea pig correctly. I enjoyed reading through it with them so much I decided to get 2 guinea pigs myself which I now have. They are great pets for children, would recommend to anyone thinking about it! Just remember to handle them daily so they don't become afraid and nibble hands or fingers!
on 12 January 2012
I am very disappointed in this book. I bought it based on the fact that it had RSPCA on the cover and title. I found that there is not enough information about the settling of your guinea pigs and also the list of foods is very poor and nothing is said about the foods you should not give to them. I wanted to find out as much as possible about the diet and care but unfortunately this book really did let me down on everything. I would not recommend this one.
on 24 October 2013
In truth this book didn't have much more info in it than the leaflet I picked up in the pet shop. It's useful for the kids to browse through and learn from but otherwise I'd say just do a simple internet search on guinea pig care.
on 17 May 2013
This is a great little guide to owning and caring for your Guinea Pig. We purchased our girls Freda & Sharon, last year and this book is always on hand to answer any questions we may have about their care.
on 22 March 2013
This book is ideal for the basics of how to care for a guinea pig. Its informative and well illustrated.
on 26 May 2011
RSPCA Pet Guide - Care for your Guinea Pig
I have kept guinea pigs for years and picked up bits of information as I went along. This book sets out everything you need to know, from choosing your pet, housing, health, breeding, feeding, etc., in one go. The book is written in such a way that it would be a good one for children to read prior to getting their first guinea pig, whilst also being an excellent reference book for the more seasoned keeper. Also, there are many lovely coloured pictures of various types of guineas. I would definitely recommend this book.