Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£13.50+ £2.80 shipping

on 11 August 2003
Okay, now that I have that anger somewhat out of my system... Contrary to what some ill-educated, closed-minded people may believe, this movie was not simply a ploy to encourage people to buy Care Bears and/or Care Bear Cousins merchandise. Like the story books and the television series, this movie was -- and continues to be -- a way to encourage children to share their feelings and to help other people out, and not to contribute to the cruelty that is still overwhelmingly present today. Just as other TV series have made appearances on the big screen, so did the Care Bears. The movie was made to bring joy to those caring people who did and do like the Care Bears.
Artistically, I would give this movie a 4. The animation is great for the time when it was made, the songs are well done (I especially enjoy that the songs are sung by people who aren't 'professionals'), and the characters' voices are fitting. The story line is typical of the Care Bears -- not too interesting to people over the age of about 7, but more than enough to keep younger children enthralled for hours on end.
on 10 May 2004
I found my video copy of this while clearing out the loft, and although i'm 19 i still found i enjoyed it just as much as when i was young. It is a movie that is totally focused on good things and caring, unlike some movies kids watch today that are all violence and no real plot or substance. If you want a nice light hearted film, then this is the one. It's still one of my favourites today!!!
on 16 November 2001
I loved the Care Bears! I'm fortunate enough to still have the original from way back in the 80's! The film is very enjoyable with its fantasy-based adventures and it promotes good social attitudes that cartoons nowadays lack (i.e Pokemon). All kids should not be deprived of this classic cartoon!
on 14 June 2002
I was born in the early eighties and grew up watching cartoons like The Care Bears, My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite. After years of searching video shops for this film I was delighted to find it on Amazon.
The cartoon is still as good as I remember and my little sister (who is 6) loves it!
The caring-sharing Care Bears, with the help of their Care Bears stare and the Care bear Cousins from the Forest of Feelings, have to rescue a young boy from an evil spirit otherwise all the caring will disappear from the world!
Great violence-free cartoon that teaches children to be thoughtful of others feelings. Great for young children to watch or for you to relive your childhood!!!
on 6 April 2002
The Care Bears Movie was one of the many things I watched when I was young, but this film stood out from all the other programs. There is something special going on when the film is rolling. The animation is very colourful and delightful, the plot is clever, the songs are lovely and the whole film is a gem. Back when I watched it I was a 3-5 year old little boy, now I'm 17 and I still love the movie! For that to happen, it has to be special! I don't mind if I'm called a sissy because I know that this is a truly outstanding film with a very good message for small children. If you have young kids who enjoy the cuddely side of life... BUY THIS MOVIE!
on 20 May 2003
This film is better than the first and one of my childhood favourites. If your children enjoyed My little Pony, then they will probably enjoy this too. It always goes down well when I'm babysitting as they want to watch it over and over. It's not good on the special effects but that's because it is a classic, so it's storyline is the main selling point.One for the kids but adults might also enjoy it. Definitely one for any 80s children.
on 7 February 2011
I bought this for my 2 year old little girl, she loves it as she loves the colours of the bears & enjoys all the signing/songs in the film also, my 4 year old also likes it however, I feel it's a bit dated for anyone any older than 2! Was well worth getting, it keeps her quiet for a little while in the evening before bedtime.
on 4 November 2003
I remember watching this film back in the late 1980's, when I was 4 or 5 years old. I absolutely loved it; we taped it off the TV, and I must have watched that tape a million times. I'm watching it right now, actually. ^_^ I'm worried about the condition of the tape though, so I'm going to buy it.
Anyway, onto the point of the review.
Today's kids don't know what they missed in the late 1980's and early 1990's. Kids cartoons were *fantastic* when I was younger. The greatest part about Care Bears, is that each of bears or cousins has a different tummy symbol, and a different caring purpose. I found that as I learnt to remember each name of each bear or cousin, I also remembered the traits they had, and their caring purpose; for example, Friend Bear shows others how to be a great friend.
This film tells of how the Care Bears came to be, which is why I love it so much. The animation is clear and bright, with a few continuity errors, but never mind. True Heart and Noble Heart raise the Care Bears and Care Cousins, and throughout the film, try to beat their first enemy, Dark Heart. Dark Heart infilicts his evil influence over a summer camp, and endangers a young girl called Kristy.
I won't spoil any more... just watch this film! Or buy it for your kids (age 7 and under, I'd say) and let them experience quality entertainment from back when cartoons were good.
on 24 March 2009
I brought this cos as a child I loved it and I wanted my daughter to enjoy it too!!! The Care Bears send out great messages to kids to Care n Share... timeless classic!!!
on 13 July 2007
This is the DVD boxset of the first three volumes of the popular TV cartoon series The Care Bears Family which is aimed at very young children. I may not be a big fan of this show but I quite liked it because it has got a kind of entertainment value that kids will adore and the title characters are quite endearing especially the care bear cousins but for me personally it didn't harm me a lot. This cartoon may entertain very young kids but some older viewers may find it a bit too sugary in some parts but it's still harmless entertainment though.