This eighth expansion for Carcassonne gives players new options to acquire tiles and extend roads. Engineers continue roads over fields with the help of tall bridges. Building long roads has never been easier. Small cities can now become imposing castles that will benefit from their fief. However, each fief only represents the potential of a castle; it will be up to you to make it worth your while. Finally, peddlers are presenting their wares in grandiose bazaars. Make the most of their offers to pull ahead of the competition. Each tile from this expansion is marked with a special icon, allowing you to sort these tiles more quickly.
Please note this is a board game expansion pack and will require the original Carcassonne tile-laying game game in order to play.
The eighth expansion for Carcassonne Bridges, Castles & Bazaars allows players three new options while playing:
- Bridges may be used to continue a road over a field tile, thereby allowing an incomplete road to technically run into a field segment. They are otherwise treated and scored just like roads.
- Castle tokens are placed atop 2-segment cities and allow players a chance to cash-in on the next completed adjacent feature.
- Bazaars are a new type of tile that allows players to auction off tiles in exchange for points.
Traveling peddlers come into the country and organise bazaars, where haggling as art is performed. At the same time, engineers with new bridges drive road construction and samll castles are built everywhere in order to secure the region.
- Requires an original copy of Carcassonne to play
- Expands on existing gameplay
- 30-45 minutes playing time
- 2-6 Players
- 8 Years