on 30 May 2001
A very enjoyable read and particularly recommended to anyone who enjoys the work of Kerouac. Although lacking the famous Beat writer's depth, Sundeen still creates some interesting characters- most notably September and boyfriend Beach Philips. Overall it is somewhat lightweight, but a good read nonetheless. I only hope Sundeen goes on to write more novels as I'm sure there is a market out there for such work.
on 2 August 2001
I can't describe my sorrow at finishing this book. My first priority in life is now to go on a road trip through the USA. Great characters in Donny Brown, Beach Phillips, and especially September. Definitely a novel but hugely autobiographical. Living in the here and now, almost as a spectator to his own life Sundeen is brilliant. Please please write more books.
on 20 May 2001
The publishers blurb somewhat overplays the survivalist angle. This is an amusing book written in a naive voice. Almost like the second half of Generation X in a way.
Not bad at all.