on 11 January 2014
'Beard oil' sounds quite unpleasant as an idea, but having been given a free-sample bottle by a friend I am keen to graduate to the full 50ml bottle. It conditions facial hair,preventing it from becoming dry and whispy. Only a couple of drops in your palm, rubbed through, will leave beard / moustache with a cleansed sheen. It has a fragrance that is earthy and masculine, but understated.Once used, you will want to use it again - an ideal Christmas and birthday request if the price is difficult to absorb into daily life.
on 4 December 2014
After 16 months as a bearded gent I've used several leave in beard products Argan Oil, Honest Amish Beard Balm, and Jojoba Oil. But by far the best is this Beard Oil. It smells great, and more importantly it really helps the beard.

It's fairly pricey, but well worth it.

If you are very pushed money wise consider using a jojoba oil and sweet almond oil mix at around 1 part jojoba to 3 parts sweet almond this will mimic closely what Captain Fawcett Beard Oil does, minus the beautiful scent.
on 14 March 2015
I have been using Captain Fawcett's beard oil for a few days so I thought I would write a little review.

Packaging:
Normally packaging doesn't really excite me and I discard the box right away but it's worth mentioning that the box it comes in is rather nice. It has a nice marbled interior that exudes quality. It looks very old school and highlights that the oil is a premium product. The box was also slightly scented with the oil aroma so when opening the parcel you instantly got a lovely whiff of the oil.
The bottle is clear glass with a printed Capt Fawcett logo and has a pipette dropper so its very easy to dispense the correct amount of oil with out any wastage of spills. The bottle is quite large so for ease of travel I have ordered a 10ml bottle of the same style from ebay for travel to pop in my wash bag.

Scent:
I mostly pick up on a musky cederwood aroma, think Moroccan Night Bizarre !! smelling from the bottle you would think it would be slightly overpowering, however once applied the smell dissipates quickly and only a very faint aroma is left. Scent is very much a personal thing so some may love it and others may hate it, I actually like it and find it a refreshing smell in the morning.

Application:
I only require a few drops as my beard is not at hipster levels of length, It was absorbed very quickly and didn't leave my beard feeling oily as I have found with other brands. My hands were dry after applying so that reaffirms to me that the oil is being absorbed into my beard and skin and doing the job it is meant to.

Results:
Ok this the main one, if you read reviews of this and other brands you will be lead to believe that after applying a few drops of oil your course rough beard is going to be transformed into the feel of fluffy cotton wool and I think this is why people end up disappointed at the results of any beard oil. Beard hair is very different from head hair and never going to be super soft. If you bear this in mind I think you will be happy as I am. The oil does make my beard slightly softer and it helps moisturise my skin under my beard which really is the point.

Value:
Ok its expensive, but this is regarded as a premium oil, there are other oils that are cheaper but also some that are more expensive. The 50ml bottle should last a very long time so the initial purchase price over a long period of time is actually not that bad. The price here on Amazon is also slightly cheaper than elsewhere where it's normally advertised at £34 + postage so that makes it slightly better value.

Overall I am very happy and would recommend giving the Captain Fawcett brand a try if you are after a new bottle of beard oil.
on 8 April 2015
Softens the beard to some extent. Gives control and a nice sheen. Downside for me was the scent. Patchouli is dominant. Had my hippy phase 30 yrs ago. Smell tends to get everywhere. Would have preferred a more 'gentlemanly' subtle scent. Only half way down the bottle and have already ordered an alternative balm with a woodland aroma.
on 19 April 2014
It may seem to be expensive, but if compared to other beard oils on the current market then you get a lot for money.
Both quantitatively and in quality, this is a well presented product.
The packaging is enticing and the product has a warm woody aroma with a fresh undertone... which I like.

I'm pleased I spent the money on this (which in truth I was a little sceptical about doing before it arrived).
on 6 November 2015
I have the captains booze and baccy beard oil and I must say I would ( very close call ) say I prefer the smell of the captains private stock beard oil. Both really do soften the beard , more noticeable after a short time. Booze n Baccy is a musky scent where as the private stock is more a sweet scent, it's up to you. Both oils I would recommend.
on 5 October 2015
This has a great maaaaaan smell ...it smell's like you've have rubbed two velvet branches of pine needles cut straight from the tree into your face I love it .The fragrance will grow on you too but will not leave you with an unpleasant after smell like some balms
on 6 May 2015
Highly recommended and keeps my mane silky smooth looking all day long without the need to re-apply. This has also taught me not to play with my beard to much during the day as it can give you sticky fingers!
on 8 February 2016
I buy this for my partner every year for Christmas and he loves it! always looks forward to getting a fresh new bottle. Its worth the money - personally I would only choose this brand from now on.
on 23 February 2016
Best beard oil out there. I've bought this for my husband for the last year and he absolutely loves it and I love the smell. We'd tried a few others that were too oily and hard to work with.