Unfairly ignored when it was released on the PlayStation 2, Okami gets a second chance on the Wii, a platform where it shines even brighter. The best Zelda-style game not to come from Nintendo, you control the sun goddess Amaterasu in wolf form and help her bring colour back to an ancient version of Japan cursed into darkness. The already innovative combat is improved further thanks to the Wiis controls, and the game remains one of the longest and most-varied adventures ever seen. The stunning graphics, which look like moving watercolours, elevate Okami above other games into a true work of art.
tells the story of a mythical sun god who sets out to restore a dismal world, decimating the forces of evil who stand in the way by commanding the elements and mythical abilities the deity possesses. Mixing Japanese folklore and a stunning traditional Japanese art style, players must utilize an inventive control scheme to overcome the challenges and evil that await. By enhancing the unique gameplay, visual style and story line of Okami
with the control of the Wii Remote, it is sure to be the ultimate version of the game.
Originally designed for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and released in 2006, Okami now comes alive in an entirely new way on the Wii with its visually stunning art style and beautiful scenic 3D levels that have the appearance and texture of paper scrolls brushed with watercolor-like calligraphy art. Throughout the vibrant and distinctive surroundings, players must use the Wii remote to interact with a dynamic world and cast of characters. The blend of stylized graphics, movements and unique gameplay will result in a rich and dynamic experience never seen before.
* Innovative gameplay and control scheme optimized for the Wii - Defeating monsters requires both motion-controlled physical attacks, but also use of the Wii Remote as Amaterasu's 'Celestial Brush' to paint the desired powers for decimating enemies and solving puzzles.
* Utilize various gameplay styles - In addition to the Celestial Brush, Amaterasu can wield three types of offensive weaponry, each with their own unique abilities and effects. Depending on how a weapon is equipped, it can be used as the main or sub weapon:
o Reflectors - These well-balanced weapons are suited for close range combat.
o Rosaries- Sacred magatama beads are great for quick long range attacks.
o Glaives - These can be charged up to unleash powerful close range attacks.
* Intriguing main character - Assume the role of the sun god, Amaterasu, who descends upon the earth in the form of a wolf. The Japanese translation of the word wolf is "Okami".
* Original visuals and revolutionary design- Vibrant and inspiring graphics, reminiscent of traditional Japanese art created on paper scrolls, produce a large variety of stages with a watercolor-esque appearance.
In Okami, the legendary monster Orochi has come back to life and turned the world into a veritable wasteland. Players must assume the role of a wolf, an embodiment of the sun god Amaterasu, which is capable of wielding unimaginable power. The state of the world lies in your hands as you must fight ominous beings and reclaim the earth from a curse that plagues it. It is crucial to help Amaterasu make the world a place where all living creatures can dwell once again. Defeating the creatures that Amaterasu encounters will not be a small feat. The real-time fighting system not only involves biting and ramming strikes, but also allows for various attacks using bronze mirror of Yata on its back as well as a host of other unique abilities. This system allows the usage of a myriad of specials attacks typically not associated with the physical prowess of a normal wolf. As the wolf becomes more powerful, more attacks become available. This blend of stylized graphics and unique gameplay will result in a rich and dynamic experience never seen before. Traditional Japanese art comes alive through beautiful scenic 3D levels Rooted in the third person perspective, you will need to interact with the people you encounter, building their faith by clandestinely answering their prayers and wishes
- Create and destroy at will - Play as a god to re-establish order and beauty to a world laid barren by evil
- Intense action-packed battles - Rooted in Japanese folklore, fight against a diverse line-up of demons and monsters
- Interact with a unique and dynamic cast of characters